Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One charges for everything

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One charges for everything

That was the best feeling when I called them and closed that account!! 

Message 11 of 18
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@cousin24 wrote:

Called to report my credit one card as being lost, was then promptly told a replacement card would be 25 dollars. Almost surprised they didn't charge me postage to receive the new card in the mail. Why do I even deal with them anymore.

Call them collect next time from a payphone, if you find one, and keep them on for as long as you can!
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will bill the collect call to you, with a $40 collect-calling fee attached and retroactive interest.
Message 13 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
They will bill the collect call to you, with a $40 collect-calling fee attached and retroactive interest.

@Anonymous wrote:

Forgot componded per minute.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a CreditOne card because when I first arrived in the US 2 years ago (Aussie married to an American) it was all I could get. I think they are the worst. They charge interest on every transaction and now that I have an established credit history, everytime I log in they want to increase my limit  by $250 (whoopee) but it will cost me $15 to have the privilege. Card only has a $1100 limit so hardly worth the effort. Havent used it for 6+ months and should probably close it as I hardly think it will effect my utilisation (I now have $90K in credit and 5% overall utilisation).

Message 15 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a CreditOne card because when I first arrived in the US 2 years ago (Aussie married to an American) it was all I could get. I think they are the worst. They charge interest on every transaction and now that I have an established credit history, everytime I log in they want to increase my limit  by $250 (whoopee) but it will cost me $15 to have the privilege. Card only has a $1100 limit so hardly worth the effort. Havent used it for 6+ months and should probably close it as I hardly think it will effect my utilisation (I now have $90K in credit and 5% overall utilisation).

Should close it NOW!   No need to keep these expensive and useless cards as soon as you have alternatives.

Message 16 of 18
newUser0
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hats off to you! 

Congrats on getting 90K worth credit in 2 years. You beat me by very large extent...

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newUser0 wrote:

Hats off to you! 

Congrats on getting 90K worth credit in 2 years. You beat me by very large extent...

Dont worry its not a race Smiley Wink I have a passion for miles and travel so sign up to a lot of card offers. I really only use my Chase MP Visa for all overseas spend (no fees) and my Amex SPG for domestic. I may switch my foreign spend to my AA Citi because this is at $24K whereas my UAMP Visa is only at $9K

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.