Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One credit card

tag
CarnegieS
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit One credit card

@MidnightJester wrote:

I dont know how they prove if you are or are not a student. : ) I think if you apply you might qualify if you pick the right student card. Thats just my 2 1/2 cents thrown in

They verify enrollement by asking for a copy of your current schedule. Until then you're not approved. I wouldn't risk it. 

Wonder if applying for a bank of america card would be a good option(others chime in here)? I hear if they can't approve you for an unsecured card they will offer a secured one. I've heard nothing but good things about their secured lines! 

Amex Delta Gold: $5400| BofA Better Balance: $1500 | Sallie Mae: $1300 | Discover It: $500
719 TU, 685 EQ, 728 Ex.
Entered the garden : 5/8/14
Message 11 of 13
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@crystal0920 wrote:

Is it worth getting a credit One credit card? I was approved but have not accepted yet. I would not use it, just have it to show a higher amount of credit available and thought it may help with credit score.

If you're building (as opposed to rebuilding) the Credit One may help, but at a high price.

From what I've seen, show you can use your other cards responsibly for six months, and then try to apply for credit after waiting.

Remember to check local credit unions you may be eligible for...

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 12 of 13
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

If you apply for a student CC you have to show proof your in school

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.