Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:( Credit One denial

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: :( Credit One denial

Sorry to hear about the denial. You have been given some excellent advice and I just want to wish you luck!
Message 21 of 25
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@b_seeker wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@b_seeker wrote:

OP, the 563 score in your sig for EX, where was it obtained from? I'm guessing PLUS FAKO? Just curious. I've been find PLUS is pretty much garbage lately that can't adapt to changes for some reason.

I wish I knew all the FAKO'S from the real ones...but I got it from Experian . com....I'm still trying to figure out what is real and what is fake....UGH!!!!

There is the problem. Experian uses Vantagescore, IIRC. I believe the range is like 450/500 to 990. Just because of the higher range, your score is going to look higher than it actually is. The score given in your denial is going to be closest to what all EX pulling lenders will see. +/- points do to inqs and possible enhancements the CCC would use.

Short answer, Experian.com's score is "fake" and the denial score is "real".

That's all just crazy....Thank you for the info....A person would think....going to the CRB's site it would be a Real score... Smiley Sad...guess I better go change my sig.....ugh....Sigh...Still driving on though!!!

That's how the CRB's get people to keep buying their scores. Many people can't tell the difference. It doesn't help there are so many variations of FICO alone, not even getting into the dozens of other types of scoring, either.

The only way to get an EX FICO currently, at least as far as I know, if from denial/acceptance letters(even then make sure the they say FICO score in the letter and it isn't internal scoring) and PSECU. EX FICOs are supposed to be coming back here in the future though.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 22 of 25
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Awww....Thank You very Much!!! I posted the info on this board to help better understand the whole Credit scenario

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 23 of 25
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

dont beat yourself up over credit one let your stuff update and let some of those inquiries fall off, its an ok starter card but not the best, you are better off w/ the secured card you got, had i known what i do now i would of went w/ a secured card to start my rebuilding.  but i crawled to the like of first premier and later credit one, if i had to choose between the 2 i would choose the later though

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 24 of 25
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Credit One seems to be a back door way to getting a free EX credit score. Use their pre-approval page and get denied (hopefully). They provide your EX score and the reasons for denial. I don't know if the score is FICO but it's another way to get a free copy of EX without waiting a year - and it's a soft pull! Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.