Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One - gotta love 'em

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One - gotta love 'em

So my year was up and I forgot to cancel the card.

They  charged me an annual fee.  They automatically put that charge on the card.  Of course with interest added on day 1.  I pay it off immediately.  I even *tried* to pay more than the balance just to get them gone, but unfortunately there is no "pay more" option.

So now there's a new balance.  Interest on the week it took them to process my immediate payment.  (I noticed the charge online well before my statement was cut).

But of course I didn't log in to check for a balance over the last week, which means that they are going to charge me again.

It's an endless loop with these people.  I know exactly what I was thinking when I got that card  - "You just went through BK, you have to start somewhere..."  But I would have been a lot smarter if I had never asked for it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One - gotta love 'em

Ha!  I called them up and asked them how they could possibly justify 87% interest charges over 3 days and they told me "no no no... the annual fee that we charge is a monthly charge."

zoinks.  Now I'm on hold trying to close this card.

I love that their hold music is a helicopter.  "please don't stay on the line and talk to anyone!"

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth, they offered to give me 3 "annual fee" free months to keep the card, and to zero out the balance.

I declined the offer.

They told me that my account is closed and that the balance is zero, but logging in still shows a balance.

I think I'll wait until 2 weeks before a payment is due and if it still shows a balance I'll just pay it.  Better than sticking to my guns on principal and having this thing go out to collections over 8 bucks.  I'd wait until the due date, but they are crazy slow with processing payments.  With no incentive to make me happy, I'd be worried that they give me a 30 day late for an on-time payment.

It's funny how untrusting I am now.  Over the years I've developed a personal policy.  "Try to screw me once and I'll never trust you again."

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh! Sorry you had to go through all that nonsense but I'm sure you are glad to be well rid of them!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit one is charging people MONTHLY fees now? What in the heck for?! They charge me $40 once a year. I think maybe when I signed up there was one extra fee of $25 to start up. In March/April I paid my 2nd annual fee. I have called numerous times to get it waived, no luck, oh well. I am ok with  that. I think one time I did ask for a CLI, DENIED, Then next month, I paid $9.95 to go from 600 to $850 only because I figured, well, I have paid 105 in fees, whats another $10. So I am keeping this card, until next year, and one month before the AF is billed, I am canceling the card. It has served me well in rebuilding.

Worst thing ever was when they would not allow me to access my account by mobile. They claimed it was not secure enough. So every time I had to reset my password. Lol.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.