Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One - ohh how you make me laugh

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Credit One - ohh how you make me laugh

I phoned credit one to close my account today. They told me that they would take 30% off my annual fee and also post all the interest I had paid since July back to my account within 48 hours as a credit on the account. It came out to almost $70. Credit One's antics crack me up. It did make me feel good that he said I had "zemplery" payment history with them... which I assume he meant exemplary... but hey.. zemplary sounds cooler.

Good bye Credit One. He asked me why I would leave... I was honest and said... I have a QuickSilver World Mastercard now with a $5000 credit line which fits my needs just fine, has no annual fee and if I pay the balance in full each month I pay no interest. He said... "well thats something sir!"   HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I about fell out of my chair at the way he said it.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One - ohh how you make me laugh

@dallasareaguy wrote:

I phoned credit one to close my account today. They told me that they would take 30% off my annual fee and also post all the interest I had paid since July back to my account within 48 hours as a credit on the account. It came out to almost $70. Credit One's antics crack me up. It did make me feel good that he said I had "zemplery" payment history with them... which I assume he meant exemplary... but hey.. zemplary sounds cooler.

Good bye Credit One. He asked me why I would leave... I was honest and said... I have a QuickSilver World Mastercard now with a $5000 credit line which fits my needs just fine, has no annual fee and if I pay the balance in full each month I pay no interest. He said... "well thats something sir!"   HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I about fell out of my chair at the way he said it.

lol same thing here, they offered to "buy my dinner" in additino to refunding all interest charges and fees paid.  they still email me asking me to reopen my $1050 credit line.

but real talk, lets not remember to get too high and mighty here, at least credit one helped me rebuild my credit without using an obnoxious triple hit to my credit reports like some banks do (ahem).

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

lol same thing here, they offered to "buy my dinner" in additino to refunding all interest charges and fees paid.  they still email me asking me to reopen my $1050 credit line.

but real talk, lets not remember to get too high and mighty here, at least credit one helped me rebuild my credit without using an obnoxious triple hit to my credit reports like some banks do (ahem).

I agree totally. They may charge a bunch of fees, yes they are preditory in nature. But, they serve a purpose. When i cancelled mine, I just listened to what they said patiently and stated that at this time I did not wish to continue with them. Thanked them for extending me credit when many others would not. when we get declined for credit, we have to realize it's nothing personal but a business decision. It's also the same way in reverse, a personal business decision.

Message 3 of 7
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@dallasareaguy wrote:

That's funny, but hey, at least they were nice about the breakup lol.

Congrats on getting to this point in your rebuilding journey, btw. Keep up the good work! Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 7
One2spooku
Valued Member

They refused to take no for an answer from me. I was on the phone for at least 10 minutes listening to the agent. I finally gave up after that and accepted their offer to stay. Got fees reimbursed, Got interest reimbursed. A few days later when the account credit hit my account, I called them back and closed it. Got a check in the mail Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
jeffery581
Established Contributor

thats the way to do it, good for you.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 6 of 7
NattyPButter
Contributor

so can you get the AF waived completely? I ask because I used the card twice already and always paid before statement cut date and never paid interest. I even got an auto CLI without asking for it in the 1st month. I would keep the card if I can get the AF completely off. My scores are good now to get better cards which I have but Credit One has been fine to me. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.