Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One wants me now!

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Credit One wants me now!

I just thought I'd run their pre-qual tool last night.

After being declined by their pre-qual tool just a couple months ago (I was actually expecting another denial and wanted to see what my EX score was again), I was shocked when it offered their Platinum card.

I don't really want a card that'll cost $75+ a year to have, so I'll hold off on that app.

Happy gardening!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit One wants me now!

Heh, yeah I just received my second pre-approval letter from them, pretty much 3 months to the day from the first, with the exact same terms... and the exact same date on it too which I thought was strange.  At any rate, I just don't need another card that badly either.

        
Message 2 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Yeah...I'm treasuring my HP's like rare diamonds these days!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Out of the bloodsucking cards, Credit One is one of the lesser ones.  However, same basic business model.  They seem to want to get their money back in fees.  Annual fees and late fees etc.  I think they charge their AF monthly so there is always a charge that generates a balance and potential late fee if you forget.  Annoying if you are trying to manage reported utilization.  All these cards have their place, but I think most people will get quickly annoyed with the amount of work required service this card vs. the benefits. 

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Out of the bloodsucking cards, Credit One is one of the lesser ones.  However, same basic business model.  They seem to want to get their money back in fees.  Annual fees and late fees etc.  I think they charge their AF monthly so there is always a charge that generates a balance and potential late fee if you forget.  Annoying if you are trying to manage reported utilization.  All these cards have their place, but I think most people will get quickly annoyed with the amount of work required service this card vs. the benefits. 

Yeah. First year posts in one lump sum and then monthly payments after the first year. Too much work, if you ask me.

I want something I could just SD and forget about for a few months at a time while still getting the positive history out of it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.