Did you mean: 

Credit One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I also have a credit one that I got in August and plan on closing it in July (before my next AF is due) so I have also been looking into the best way to close it....

quickly!

Use it to open a door with.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has definitely opened doors for me, I now have 3 store cards, a quicksilver one, and a NFCU cashRewards (plus my secured card that I had before getting my credit one) I was going to close it after getting approved for Navy but someone said they thought it would be better to keep it open till my next AF is due. I hate looking at it lol. Do you guys think its best to.close it out now? Utilization isnt a problem since my NFCU was just approved for 12.5K
Message 22 of 23
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It has definitely opened doors for me, I now have 3 store cards, a quicksilver one, and a NFCU cashRewards (plus my secured card that I had before getting my credit one) I was going to close it after getting approved for Navy but someone said they thought it would be better to keep it open till my next AF is due. I hate looking at it lol. Do you guys think its best to.close it out now? Utilization isnt a problem since my NFCU was just approved for 12.5K

I see no reason to keep it until right before AF.  Especially since it charges immediate interest and has no grace period.  Thus, there isn't any incentive to use the card prior to closing it.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.