Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One !

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Credit One !

OMG!!! I have never dealt with such horrendous, atrocious customer service as I have with them. So back story, I get a email a few weeks ago, saying that they will be sending me a replacement card, due to so called security fraud. Ok, cool, I think to myself... But how? I use this card once a month, and only charge no more then $2 a month to keep it active. Well, today I log into my account to verify everything is ok, thier not doing some bogus things, as I would expect from them. And I am prompted your account has been suspended please call the number provided.

I call, wait like 15 minutes before I speak to a live person, of which is of indian decent which is fine. Obviously they offshore thier customer service. This rep tells my that they suspended my account because it has been reported that my credit card has been stolen! I was like what are you talking about, I am holding the card in my hand, and I never reported that, noone has access to this account besides myself. He becomes very quiet, does not say a word, to the point that I thought he hung up on. FInally, he says let me get someone to speak with you. Good, maybe someone alittle more knowledgeable to speak with... Nope, same guy, he says that they suspended it due to fraud this time. I tell him, that i reguarly check my account with credit one for reasons, and their has been no fraud charges whatsoever. 

Once more, he is quiet and puts me on hold. Come back, with a timid tone says, you have to wait 7-10 while we ship you a new card. I said ok, will I be able to still log into my account? He said no, not until you get your new card. So, I hung up with him. Good thing I paid the balance early, and never carry more then $2 balance to with them. So yeah, complete joke customer service, has no clue what is going on. I seriously cannot wait to close this card soon, as it is my oldest at 2 years old. The End. 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One !

Not good... Hopefully, you get to close it out soon.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One !

Jpmack29 wrote:

OMG!!! I have never dealt with such horrendous, atrocious customer service as I have with them. So back story, I get a email a few weeks ago, saying that they will be sending me a replacement card, due to so called security fraud. Ok, cool, I think to myself... But how? I use this card once a month, and only charge no more then $2 a month to keep it active. Well, today I log into my account to verify everything is ok, thier not doing some bogus things, as I would expect from them. And I am prompted your account has been suspended please call the number provided.

I call, wait like 15 minutes before I speak to a live person, of which is of indian decent which is fine. Obviously they offshore thier customer service. This rep tells my that they suspended my account because it has been reported that my credit card has been stolen! I was like what are you talking about, I am holding the card in my hand, and I never reported that, noone has access to this account besides myself. He becomes very quiet, does not say a word, to the point that I thought he hung up on. FInally, he says let me get someone to speak with you. Good, maybe someone alittle more knowledgeable to speak with... Nope, same guy, he says that they suspended it due to fraud this time. I tell him, that i reguarly check my account with credit one for reasons, and their has been no fraud charges whatsoever. 

Once more, he is quiet and puts me on hold. Come back, with a timid tone says, you have to wait 7-10 while we ship you a new card. I said ok, will I be able to still log into my account? He said no, not until you get your new card. So, I hung up with him. Good thing I paid the balance early, and never carry more then $2 balance to with them. So yeah, complete joke customer service, has no clue what is going on. I seriously cannot wait to close this card soon, as it is my oldest at 2 years old. The End. 

Something similar happended to me with one of my CreditOne cards recently.  He/she was wrong, you should still be able to see your account online.  In about two business days it should update with last four digits of new account number.  If this happened today, I would imagine you'd get your card around Monday.  I do know it messes up your bill pay count that you get per month, so you may need to mail a check or push payments through your online billpay with your bank to make payments for about 30 days.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.