Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Profile needed for Citi???

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Profile needed for Citi???

I have been approved four 4 citi cards in the past 12 months. The last one just 2 weeks ago, with 12 Inquries in a 6 month period . But I have a very thick file and long history
Message 11 of 38
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:
I have been approved four 4 citi cards in the past 12 months. The last one just 2 weeks ago, with 12 Inquries in a 6 month period . But I have a very thick file and long history

What's the minimum score they want to see?

Message 12 of 38
NCGirl
New Contributor

My score when they pulled was 701... aaoa 7 years and I had 10 inquires with three of those being from 2013. I was instantly approved for the Citi Dividend but with only a 2,000 limit. I called and complained about the limit, but they wanted to do another hard pull in order to raise it. So, I just decided to wait 6 months and then revisit it.

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Message 13 of 38
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

When I apped a few months ago, my credit score was 710 but I had over 20 inquires (auto loan shopping) and my application was subsequently denied. My AAoA is 2 years. All I know is that Citi doesn't like baddies and they are seriously inquiry sensitive...no matter how old the inquiry is.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 38
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

As far as I know and I have read

Score- 700+

AAOA- Not sure

Inquiries- 3-4 (they are pretty inquiry sensitive.) and have pretty narrow parameters for approval.

Bad/lates- Don't like them. At. All. Avoid apping with Bad/lates unless they are really old.

They are pretty tough cookie to crack and their CS is average. They like to see small balances like all companies and refuse to budge on that. Out of those cards mentioned, the Dividend is easiest to get, Diamond is probably the most difficult of the three. They also allow 2 applications per 60 days. 

I had 6 recent inq's (1 within the last 12 months and 5 within 30 days) It was an instant approval with Citi and they were the last place I app'd for in my aor. 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 15 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

From what I've seen, Citi seems to be extremely strict on applicant with thinner files, with the exception being their student card. 

For everyone else they don't seem to be that hard to get, as long as theres no major derogs or a very high number of inquiries. 

When I applied 2 of my new accounts were already reporting, if I remember correctly. They seemed to be okay with it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 38
RSCo
Established Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

The only thing negative about your profile is the paid judgment then. Since it will be around for a while, I would suggest you apply for the card you really want then if denied try recon and explain the judgment. In the grand scheme of things, an additional inquiry is going to have very minimal impact. Getting in with Citi with a high credit limit, on the other hand, will be tremendously helpful for your rebuilding process. After this application, you probably want to spend some time in the Garden. Smiley Wink

Given my profile what are the odds?  I know my Chase Sapphire is now reporting but I'm not sure my AMEX PRG or Freedom have showed yet.

I would say give it a shot.. 

I just received another card from them about a month ago.. Their AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig with a 5k CL.  At the time I had.

MyFico - 700

AAoA - 7.2yrs

InQuiries - EQ 13, EX 12, TU 6

Overall Utils - 14%

I've opened 10 new accounts since Jan..

I have an unpaid judgment on my file from 2007 and at the time I app'd, I had a foreclosure, but that just dropped off my report a couple days ago.. But at the time, It was still listed on my credit. Had ZERO late pays on any of my accounts..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 17 of 38
gettnthere
Established Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/To-try-for-a-Citi-card-or-not/m-p/1731882#M481875

^^This is from my post back in October when I was approved for my citi forward visa.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 38
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Denied for AMEX BCE yesterday. Current FICO's EX 715, EQ and TU 671. Which one should I go for? I think I'd like the Citi Thank You Preferred but is it easier to get a Dividend?
Message 19 of 38
dodfire
Valued Contributor

You never know until you try...my score was about the same as yours when I got my Citi Cards....Foreclosure from 2008...Late payments 2010.....

*8/10/13
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.