Credit Pulls!!!

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Pulls!!!

Here's mine!

NJ

Transunion

- Orchard Bank/Household Bank (also pulled Equifax, now Capital One which will pull all 3)

- JCPenney (GECRB)

- Sallie Mae

Equifax

- Orchard Bank/Household Bank

Experian

- Chase (Freedom and Sapphire)

- Shell (Citi, for card and CLI)

- TD Bank (credit card)

Message 11 of 43
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

I am noticing some people reporting GE doing hard pulls for some of their cards, and my usaa credit check monitoring says GE did a hard pull on TU recently. I was under the impression that GE did soft pulls only. Has something changed, or are the soft pulls only for CLI?

The cards are always hard to my knowledge; credit limit increases are soft pulls. People have reported that Care Credit is the only card that will always be a hard pull to increase the limit, maybe because it has a higher risk of default?

Maryland/Michigan

Experian:

FIA - initial

Chase

American Express

Macys American Express - initial

PNC

Transunion:

Barclays

Sallie Mae

GE Capital Retail Bank - initial, soft for credit limit increases

FIA - credit limit increases

Elan Financial Services

Chase - credit limit increases

Discover - credit limit increases (soft)

Equifax:

Chase - rare

Macys - initial, soft for credit limit increases

Macys American Express - credit limit increases (soft)

Discover - initial

I do wonder why some lenders differ while some do not. American Express almost exclusively looks at Experian, as does Macys for the American Express card. Barclays and GE Capital Retail Bank also almost exclusively use Transunion for their reports. Some lenders say it is totally random and they can not control it. Chase and Discover let you tell them which bureau you would like them to look at.

Message 12 of 43
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

" Chase and Discover let you tell them which bureau you would like them to look at."

Looking for clarrification on this statement.  Are you saying that, if I app over the phone with Chase,the CSR will ask which CR I want them to pull?

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 13 of 43
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@bigman023 wrote:

" Chase and Discover let you tell them which bureau you would like them to look at."

Looking for clarrification on this statement.  Are you saying that, if I app over the phone with Chase,the CSR will ask which CR I want them to pull?

Well with Discover, I had Equifax frozen because they kept putting bankruptcy  and some such nonsense that was not mine. She said she could pull another bureau and out of curiosity I asked if they always did it and she said you can always request a bureau for them to look at.

With Chase, I asked them before the submitted the application if they could look at a certain bureau and they said okay. I have never had someone from Chase insist on a certain one. I only care because I don't want a lot of inquiries on one report.

Message 14 of 43
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Interesting thread!  What does Citi pull for credit limit increases?

Interestingly, I've noticed periodic checks from Citi and Chase on all three reports.  These are the "account maintenance" checks that I have no control over.

Message 15 of 43
bmd0224
New Contributor

North Carolina:

EX = AMEX

TU = BoA, Barclays, GE $ Bank

EQ = Chase, Cap One

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 16 of 43
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

SC:

Equifax:  DCU, USAA, PenFed, USBank, Chase, Discover, GECRB/Lowes, Amex, BofA, CapOne

TransUnion:  Barclays, Discover, BofA, GECRB/Paypal, Amex, Wells Fargo, CapOne

Experian:  Amex, Citi, CapOne

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 17 of 43
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Louisiana:

TU: Walmart, NFCU (for membership), Cap1 (part of triple pull), Amex (borderline app part of triple pull)

EQ: NFCU (cc app), Cap1 and Amex (see above), Chase (double pull with EX), WF, Small business association

Ex: cap1, Amex and chase see above

My AMEX was one pull for zync but other 2 for delta, chase was pulled both for amazon but got freedom also without any other additional pull.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 43
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:

Just wanted to share credit lender pulls ... in CA

TRANSUNION

-- capital one (pulls all 3)

-- walmart (gecrb)

-- chevron (gecrb)

-- chase (pulls TU and EX)

-- barclay apple

-- daniel's jewelers

EQUIFAX

-- discover

-- nordstrom visa

-- kay jewelers

-- best buy

-- capital one

-- att wireless

EXPERIAN

-- amex

-- chase

-- citi

-- capital one

-- credit one

hope this will be helpful to anyone who's planning to apply!!!

Regarding Cap1, it appears that they do not ALWAYS pull all 3 CB's.....just opened my Cap1 acct & ck'd all 3 CB's after only TU was pulled

Message 19 of 43
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Im In Southern California and here is what I have so far on my reports. 

EQ: At&T 

EX: Amex, Citi

TU: Discover

(When I applied for my BOFA at my local branch, and then checked my CR's, I found nothing for any BOFA inquiry.)

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.