Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Bureau time delays

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Bureau time delays

I'm sure I read this info somewhere, but I was unable to search for it.

What is the time delay between a CC reporting your updated statement balance to when it is updated on your CR?

I believe I read that EX or EQ is fastest, and TU is the slowest?

Approximate number of days?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Report Bureau time delays

For me EX and EQ update the day after my statment cuts and TU  3-4 days later.  YMMV

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you track these updates?

I'm currently using a free trial in ScoreWatch and nothing has updated.

Message 3 of 6
timkrof
Contributor

From my experience with the using both EQ and EX's site for FAKO score monitoring for cards with Chase, Crap1, and Discover:  the wait time between when the monthly statement is cut and when the new balance shows up on the credit report is 2-6 days.

I've never had daily monitoring for TU, but from previous pulls from MyFico my installment loan updates took 2-3 weeks to update my TU FICO.  I can't say for sure about the CC's.

Message 4 of 6
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I utilize USAA Credit Monitoring that pulls up my report daily for all 3 if I like to. The trend I noticed is that EX reports first..next business day after the statement cuts. EQ reports either same as EX or sometimes day behind EX. TU is the slowers as it reports anywhere from 3-5 days after EX first reports. This is the same trend for all my credit cards and my Ford Credit car loan.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 5 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

TU is the last to update for me, what some people do is when they notice the change on creditkarma than they know all 3 have updated

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.