cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Freeze after APP spree. Cards still report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Freeze after APP spree. Cards still report?

If I freeze my reports after APP spree to prevent anymore apps for 2 years (because i just got 9 cards in 2 months,) will the cards I just got today be able to report to the Bureaus' and still show up on my CR?

4 REPLIES 4
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Report Freeze after APP spree. Cards still report?

Yes.

Message 2 of 5
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I freeze my reports after APP spree to prevent anymore apps for 2 years (because i just got 9 cards in 2 months,) will the cards I just got today be able to report to the Bureaus' and still show up on my CR?

From your freeze, only two things will happen:

(1) Nobody will be able to do HPs any more unless you give then PIN or lift the freeze for them. All of your current lenders will be able to access the reports for reporting purposes and account review purposes, but not for a new app or HP increase etc. 

(2) Some lenders like Synchrony create a problem with freezes. They claim to not do SP increase on an existing account when a freeze is in place. Other than that, no issues with freezes whatsoever. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

(1) Nobody will be able to do HPs any more unless you give then PIN or lift the freeze for them. All of your current lenders will be able to access the reports for reporting purposes and account review purposes, but not for a new app or HP increase etc. 

(2) Some lenders like Synchrony create a problem with freezes. They claim to not do SP increase on an existing account when a freeze is in place. Other than that, no issues with freezes whatsoever. 

Alright, thank you for the information. Am i still allowed to monitor my CR through myfico and CCT if I freeze them?

Message 4 of 5
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright, thank you for the information. Am i still allowed to monitor my CR through myfico and CCT if I freeze them?

Almost all credit monitoring services work with a freeze.

In my experience, only creditsesame used to have a problem. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.