Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Inquiry

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Credit Report Inquiry

What does Inquiry Analysis mean? I am currently in recon for Blue Sky from AMEX and was reviewing my CR and saw a HP from AMEX and also it showed 2 others from Discover and Chase (both of which I was approved for) but it seperated them from the rest of the inquiries and the group was still comprised of HPs these (3) are under a special category that says:

The following disclosure of information is provided as a courtesy to you. This information is not part of your TransUnion credit report, but may be provided when TransUnion receives an inquiry about you from an authorized party. This additional information can include Special Messages, Possible Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") Name Matches, Income Verification and Inquiry Analysis information. Any of the previously listed information that pertains to you will be listed below.

Inquiry Analysis
The companies that request your credit report must first provide certain information about you. Within the past 90 days, companies that requested your report provided the following information.

what does this mean?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Report Inquiry

Look at, for example, http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/transunion-launches-new-location-and-collection-tool-7080681...

Looks like Inquiry Analysis is a TU tool that collects info from new credit apps to provide (at a fee) to creditors.   So, you didn't pay Chase, moved, and two years later apply for a Citi card.  Info from that app could appear here, and be sold to Chase.  (that's how I interpret the article anyway!)

Message 2 of 8
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Look at, for example, http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/transunion-launches-new-location-and-collection-tool-7080681...

Looks like Inquiry Analysis is a TU tool that collects info from new credit apps to provide (at a fee) to creditors.   So, you didn't pay Chase, moved, and two years later apply for a Citi card.  Info from that app could appear here, and be sold to Chase.  (that's how I interpret the article anyway!)

So you think AMEX would give me a credit line? Since they did an Inquiry Analysis 

Message 3 of 8
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

So you think AMEX would give me a credit line? Since they did an Inquiry Analysis 

I think that info from your app to Amex goes here, as something that can be sold to others, not that Amex did the Inquiry Analysis.  TU analysed your inquiry from Amex....

Message 4 of 8
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

I think that info from your app to Amex goes here, as something that can be sold to others, not that Amex did the Inquiry Analysis.  TU analysed your inquiry from Amex....

Thanks for the explanation I get it now Smiley Happy 

I want AMEX so bad seems like they are taking forever to give me a final decision.. 

Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

you will need to call in if you recon'ed.

the online status will never change until you call in. once you call in and talk to an analyst, he'll inform you of the decision and update your online app status right away. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 8
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

you will need to call in if you recon'ed.

the online status will never change until you call in. once you call in and talk to an analyst, he'll inform you of the decision and update your online app status right away. 

The CSR I talked to on Monday morning said he would have a decision in 3-5 days and to call back on Friday. What do I have to say? 

Message 7 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

you can just call the number and ask them for an update on your recon status. i believe that number is 24/7 because it's outsourced.

you can also call EO in the morning but they'll transfer you to some other department as well but from my experiences getting transfered by the EO is much better.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.