Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Not Available

tag
radiomando
New Contributor

Credit Report Not Available

i have a question.  trying to help a friend get started on the road to credit recovery.. we signed up for myfico trial and it said report unavailable and he had to request it by mail.  then we went to annualcreditreport.com, and tried for all 3 reports.  none of the 3 were available.  each stated that a request must be made by mail.   he has virtually no credit, and we wanted to peek and see what was there, how bad it was.   can anyone help with what this means?   does it mean he doesnt have a score yet?   is there a number to call so we don't have to sort this out thru snail mail?   thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Report Not Available

If he has no credit that may be exactly what it means, there is nothing to report on. He may need to start off with a secured credit card.

Is he a student?

If so he could try the capital one journey card. Not the greatest card in the world but it was the only one I could get approved for when I had no credit exactly one year ago.

Message 2 of 5
radiomando
New Contributor

he's in his late 30s.   um, yeah i knw that is what it could mean, i just wondered if anyone here has had an experience like this or heard of this before.

Message 3 of 5
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Not sure.  You might try positing this on General Credit Topics.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@radiomando wrote:

he's in his late 30s.   um, yeah i knw that is what it could mean, i just wondered if anyone here has had an experience like this or heard of this before.

Yea my wife who is 20, we tried to sign her up and got the same type of message. We just assumed it was because she had no credit. Guess we will know in 6 months. Sorry I don't have more info on that

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.