Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Question - also suggestions

tag
drewrico
New Contributor

Credit Report Question - also suggestions

Let me the set the scene. Im checking creditsesame, of course at 4 in the morning, but see that an alert says a credit card balance has went up 1400 dollars. Now with my working knowledge of what I have spent in the last month, I thought to myself- "I havent spent that much." I look to see which credit card it was a US Bank Credit Card. Now I dont have a US Bank Credit Card. I get scared and immediately pull my report from CS to see what it is. I see that the US bank card is my parents Kroger Card that got cancelled because it got stolen so they cancelled it. Somehow it got on my credit report showing a balance of around 1500 dollars, but its showing im an authorized user on the account which doesnt exist anymore. Im assuming I need to get this taken off?

Also saw my credit score from CS the actual fico was 716. Could be a little off because of the different credit cards being shown but was wondering what cards I should apply for. I have the discover it, discover more, and the capital one for newcomers but was thinking the walmart and possibly the chase freedom in a couple months. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Report Question - also suggestions

@drewrico wrote:

Let me the set the scene. Im checking creditsesame, of course at 4 in the morning, but see that an alert says a credit card balance has went up 1400 dollars. Now with my working knowledge of what I have spent in the last month, I thought to myself- "I havent spent that much." I look to see which credit card it was a US Bank Credit Card. Now I dont have a US Bank Credit Card. I get scared and immediately pull my report from CS to see what it is. I see that the US bank card is my parents Kroger Card that got cancelled because it got stolen so they cancelled it. Somehow it got on my credit report showing a balance of around 1500 dollars, but its showing im an authorized user on the account which doesnt exist anymore. Im assuming I need to get this taken off?

Also saw my credit score from CS the actual fico was 716. Could be a little off because of the different credit cards being shown but was wondering what cards I should apply for. I have the discover it, discover more, and the capital one for newcomers but was thinking the walmart and possibly the chase freedom in a couple months. 

First thing I would do is to call US Bank and make sure it has been cancelled and that there are no charges that you are responsible for.  After that I'd work with them to have the info corrected.    IMHO, I would work with the creditor on this issue rather than the CRAs.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 5
drewrico
New Contributor

See the thing is, the credit card that was open was not associated with ME at all. it was my parents card that got stolen and they closed it. Now my mom called US bank and they said that I ahd to copy off my credit report and fax it to them?

Message 3 of 5
pakman92
Established Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

See the thing is, the credit card that was open was not associated with ME at all. it was my parents card that got stolen and they closed it. Now my mom called US bank and they said that I ahd to copy off my credit report and fax it to them?

OK i get it now.  You were an authorized user only.  I believe you can ask the creditor (US Bank) to remove yourself as AU and request that they make sure to remove the TL from your CRs.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 4 of 5
drewrico
New Contributor

it said i was an authorized user but the thing is... i never was an authorized user. It just showed up on my credit report somehow. dont even know how it was technically possible.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.