Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reporting Dates

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Credit Reporting Dates

I pay my cards off every month for the most part, but balances are always reflected.  I know this is because they report at a differnet time then when they pay.  I'd like to plan my payments around the report dates that each CC uses.  With that in mind, does anyone know when different companies report?  Does each bank have a universal date?  Do they report on the statement date?  The end of the month?

Here are the banks I currently have

Chase

Citi

Barclay

Cap One

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Reporting Dates

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

I pay my cards off every month for the most part, but balances are always reflected.  I know this is because they report at a differnet time then when they pay.  I'd like to plan my payments around the report dates that each CC uses.  With that in mind, does anyone know when different companies report?  Does each bank have a universal date?  Do they report on the statement date?  The end of the month?

Here are the banks I currently have

Chase

Citi

Barclay

Cap One

AFAIK there are no universal dates, you need to call in to the creditor and find out what the statement closing date is.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Reporting Dates

Generally, companies will report shortly after your statement date. That will usually mean the amount outstanding on your statement closing date will be reported. Every company is slightly different, though. It's worth giving them a call.

For what it's worth, my reported balances have always been the balance on my statement closing date with Capital One.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.