Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Accuracy (+/-/=)

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

Credit Score Accuracy (+/-/=)

How accurate do you think your credit score is, given your own evaluation of your likelihood to pay?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Score Accuracy (+/-/=)

Even tho I don't know what it is these days, I'd guess my EX score is low simply because we hate each other!  Smiley Tongue
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 18
MMart078
Regular Contributor

Good One LOL
Message 3 of 18
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@MMart078 wrote:
How accurate do you think your credit score is, given your own evaluation of your likelihood to pay?

I feel my EQ and TU are low.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 18
MMart078
Regular Contributor

What are they if you don't mind me asking?
Message 5 of 18
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@MMart078 wrote:

I think mine are OK....

Our scores right now are reflecting some debt we have taken on for me to finish grad school. I think that's fair. When I graduate in May and start earning a full paycheck again, our scores should gradually rise.

Message 6 of 18
MMart078
Regular Contributor

What are you in grad school for?
Message 7 of 18
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Family Nurse Practitioner

(Used to be a real estate broker in an earlier life...)

Message Edited by LynetteM on 12-07-2009 08:31 AM
Message 8 of 18
MMart078
Regular Contributor

You are definately needed. And by the way your scores are excellent as it is, so even with the new debt you are still in great shape.

I just became an agent any tips for me?

Message Edited by MMart078 on 12-07-2009 08:33 AM
Message 9 of 18
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@MMart078 wrote:

You are definately needed. And by the way your scores are excellent as it is, so even with the new debt you are still in great shape.

I just became an agent any tips for me?

Honesty. Humility. Hard work. Paying attention to every detail that a buyer/seller asks you about. That detail may not be important to you, but it is to them.

And...never be afraid to walk away from a client. I remember the day that I had gained enough confidence in myself and my ablities that I could tell a buyer or seller that I believed we may both be happier if they did business with someone else. Boy, that felt good. There is some money that is just not worth it.

Have confidence in yourself and your abilities. When I negotiated a listing or selling percentage, and then put a deal together, it seemed that the richest guys in town (...it was always the ones with the most money...) started trying to renegotiate our deal. There would be qualified buyer waiting in the wings, and the seller would tell me he would take the offer if I went down on my commission. I NEVER did that. I felt that my services were valuable, and I didn't want to cheapen the work I'd done...in their eyes or mine. I truly believe I got more business in the end because I was respected.

(Also...keep an eye out for the deals, and pick up a few investment properties. If the property can carry itself, and if you can leave the increasing equity alone, you will benefit on down the road. That's where I truly made my money in real estate.)

I wish you luck...

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.