tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Score List!

@ferrari wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:
how long have you had slate

1 year and 1 month

13 months is the time they can do a PC to freedom/CSP. call chase exec line and askthem..whats your CL on it. i spoke with the CSR today and they said after 1 year PC's can happen because of CARD act. i would push for it. when i first got card i called the main number and they told me after a year i can PC to any Chase card

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 21 of 42
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Come on myfico friends we all know that scores are not the end all be all for getting approved. Everyone know this list should only be used as a guideline. We all know as well that this will have afbar1114's itch in an uproar. Please for the love of mankind don't create any posts that might in any way shape or form cause him to continue his app spree!!! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 22 of 42
ferrari
Regular Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@ferrari wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:
how long have you had slate

1 year and 1 month

13 months is the time they can do a PC to freedom/CSP. call chase exec line and askthem..whats your CL on it. i spoke with the CSR today and they said after 1 year PC's can happen because of CARD act. i would push for it. when i first got card i called the main number and they told me after a year i can PC to any Chase card

I did call the Exec line they said the account is not eligible for an upgrade they said maybe it will be sometime in the future they're not sure that option is just not available now. And just like you I was also told by a CSR before that after 1 year it should be eligible but I guess they were talking out of you know where. Not really impressed with the Exec line service they just speak softer but they give you the same bs answers

BTW CL on the Slate is 4K

Message 23 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

Of course, these are all basic assessments from what we see on the boards and from data collected from various others sites and from personal experience… MANY other factors come into play when applying for a credit card.. But you can use this list below to generate a good consensus of what your credit score should look like before applying..

This is just a small list to get started.. But the more you guys chime in and throw numbers around the bigger the list will be and the more information wil be available to use!

American Express

Zync – 650 +

Green – 650 +

Gold – 700 +

Gold Premium Rewards – 725 +

Platinum - 750 +

Blue Card – 720 +

Capital One

Classic Platinum – 580 +

Average Cash Rewards – 620 +

Venture Rewards – 690 +

Chase

Freedom – 650 +

Slate – 680 +

Sapphire – 700 +

Sapphire Preferred – 750 +

Citi Forward – 630 +

Diamond Preferred – 650 +

Add More!

Good info!! Will keep this in mindaround August when I try for a prime card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 42
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

Of course, these are all basic assessments from what we see on the boards and from data collected from various others sites and from personal experience… MANY other factors come into play when applying for a credit card.. But you can use this list below to generate a good consensus of what your credit score should look like before applying..

This is just a small list to get started.. But the more you guys chime in and throw numbers around the bigger the list will be and the more information wil be available to use!

American Express

Zync – 650 +

Green – 650 +

Gold – 700 +

Platinum - 750 +

Blue Card – 720 +

Capital One

Classic Platinum – 580 +

Average Cash Rewards – 620 +

Venture Rewards – 690 +

Chase

Freedom – 650 +

Slate – 680 +

Sapphire – 700 +

Sapphire Preferred – 750 +

Citi Forward – 630 +

Diamond Preferred – 650 +

Add More!

Good info!! Will keep this in mindaround August when I try for a prime card.

My goof!! Citi Forward and Diamond Preferred are absolutely CITI.. I forgot to make a citi bracket!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 42
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

American Express

Zync – 650 +

Green – 650 +

Gold – 700 +

Platinum - 750 +

Blue Card – 720 +

Add More!

It has been pretty much proven over and over again with application approvals with Amex aside from being offered the $500 Hard Limit Zync that regular Zync through Plat. will be approved at the same score for all.  I have seen Gold Premium Rewards approved with 642 TU (they pulled both EX and TU).  It's just more money to Amex with Charge Cards... If they don't want you spending more than $1000 it's not going to matter if you have Zync or Plat. you won't get higher then $1k spending.

And Capital One that is a little closer general rule I think but I have seen 532 get approved for the $300 basic card.

These are all close generalizations.. Nobody can ever say this is the exact score that you need..  you know this.. and being approved for a zync does not mean you will be approved for all the charge cards.. many times we see people who are approved for the zync and then they apply for the plat and are approved as well, but this does not hold true for everybody...

Again. Use this list as a good consensus..

Message 26 of 42
john398
Senior Contributor

Would the Disney Prefered be the same as the Chase Saphire Prefered as far as required score?

Message 27 of 42
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Would the Disney Prefered be the same as the Chase Saphire Prefered as far as required score?

I would say it's the same, yes

Message 28 of 42
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

What kind of score you need for Costco??
>
Message 29 of 42
Open123
Super Contributor

@911gt34life wrote:
What kind of score you need for Costco??

Without a prior relationship or current cardmember?  I'd say above 700 with relatively low utiization (under 20%).

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.