cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Question

tag
Getlostinfic

Credit Score Question

On CreditKarma my credit score is 649 but on CreditSesame it's 736. I've recently got my free credit reports but only paid for the Equifax score which was 705. Are the creditkarma and Creditsesame the other  bureau scores? If so why is it such a drastic difference between scores?

Thanks in advance!! 

Discover it: $500 AMEX BCE: $2000 OldnavyGE: $1000
Transunion Fico score 8/16/13: 701
Equifax Fico 8/16/13: 705
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Score Question

@Getlostinfic wrote:

On CreditKarma my credit score is 649 but on CreditSesame it's 736. I've recently got my free credit reports but only paid for the Equifax score which was 705. Are the creditkarma and Creditsesame the other  bureau scores? If so why is it such a drastic difference between scores?

Thanks in advance!! 

CK is a snapshot of TU

CS is a snapshot of EX

Both are FAKO scores

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I know CK is based off TU
Imma take a shot and say creditsasame is based off EQ??

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

myjourney is correct. Credit Karma is TU based and Credit Sesame is EX. Both are FAKOS. Use them for inq's and nothing else. IMO
Message 4 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

credit.com is a nice site, you may want to check out. kinda like CK and CS
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 9
stevenngu92
Contributor

fwiw.

Credit Karma - TU (Pull Every Week)

Credit Sesame - EX (Pull Every Month)

Credit - EX (Pull Every Month)

Quizzle - EX (Pull Every 6 Months)

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 6 of 9
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Pull your "true" scores here. These are FICO scores, not FAKO, and are accurate to the day.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

Pull your "true" scores here. These are FICO scores, not FAKO, and are accurate to the day.

Yes, but they are not necessarily what the lenders see, because of version differences (both in release version and whether an enhanced score is used) so in many ways not really different from FAKOs.

There are advantages in going to the CRA in some cases, e.g. Equifax has a FICO score available on its site, and the report from there will contain soft pull information.

The TU 98 score here is not widely used.

Message 8 of 9
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Credit sesame has free daily monitoring of your report

"We monitor your credit on a daily basis and we'll alert you when we find important changes on your credit report. Most users receive between 5 and 10 credit monitoring alerts per month."

I have gotten alerts anytime a balance is reported, inq's are added or removed as well as cl updates in the past two weeks. Reports just as fast, if not faster then my EQ report (scorewatch)

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.