cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score and Bank of America

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America


Alexandria wrote:

treski wrote:

 

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx

 

i did that but i got this message...

 

Your offers are no longer available

Welcome back. Your limited time only online preapproved offers are no longer available. Your offers have either expired or you have already accepted an online preapproved offer.

If your offers have expired, you may select and apply for the credit card of your choice at www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/

 

 

this makes no sense whatsoever since i have never done anything to do with BofA.


Had you ever checked the preapproval site in the past?

 

When you check the site and you get some offers, you'll notice that they have an expiration date attached to them.  If you don't respond to the offers before they expire, they will disappear, and you'll have to wait three to four weeks before their system will generate new ones.

 

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Message 11 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America

I really want the 99/500. I chatted with a CRS online and she said that I could go into a local branch and apply? I've never heard that before.


Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
Contributor

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America

nope thats why i thought it was odd...

Starting Score: 626 (July '10)
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America

They have a paper app you can send your check in for a secured card with a $29 AF It becomes unsecured in a year.
Message 14 of 19
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America


Breakthecycle2 wrote:

I really want the 99/500. I chatted with a CRS online and she said that I could go into a local branch and apply? I've never heard that before.


 

You cannot apply for the 99/500 directly.  If a CSR told you that, she was mistaken.

 

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Message 15 of 19
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America


MrCredit wrote:
They have a paper app you can send your check in for a secured card with a $29 AF It becomes unsecured in a year.

Yes, but only the fully secured card. Not the 99/500.

 

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Message 16 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America

Thats what I meant, fully secured... that might be the route he may have to go.
Message 17 of 19
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America


MrCredit wrote:
Thats what I meant, fully secured... that might be the route he may have to go.

 

There were a number of conversations happening on this thread at the same time.  I thought your post was in response to the post above regarding the 99/500.  Sorry about that.

 

Sometimes it's helpful to quote the post you're responding to in your reply in that situation.  Makes the thread a bit easier to follow when there are a number of mini-convos happening within a single thread.

 

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Message 18 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Score and Bank of America


cheddar wrote:

Alexandria wrote:

treski wrote:

 

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx

 

i did that but i got this message...

 

Your offers are no longer available

Welcome back. Your limited time only online preapproved offers are no longer available. Your offers have either expired or you have already accepted an online preapproved offer.

If your offers have expired, you may select and apply for the credit card of your choice at www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/

 

 

this makes no sense whatsoever since i have never done anything to do with BofA.


Had you ever checked the preapproval site in the past?

 

When you check the site and you get some offers, you'll notice that they have an expiration date attached to them.  If you don't respond to the offers before they expire, they will disappear, and you'll have to wait three to four weeks before their system will generate new ones.

 


My offers came back a week after the previous ones disappeared... but with $1500 CLs instead of the previous $3000. Thanks, BofA - makes me much less tempted to apply now! (I'd only been checking the preapprovals site 'out of interest' and as a 'what to do if AmEx CLDs me' backup plan), but won't check again until I know these ones will have expired. I haven't done anything that would make BofA like me less than last time the preapproved offers were generated (higher scores, still almost zero util, blah blah), so I guess it's just a sign they're feeling less generous than before!
 
Oops that's a bit thread-jacky. Sorry! 

 

EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Message 19 of 19