New Contributor

Re: Credit Score needed for Cap 1 CLI?

Wow so who gives generous CLI's?

Message 11 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

What exactly are they looking for when you request a CLI online? They ask for income and housing payment yet you never have to send any proof. 

There is no such thing as " what exactly "...... no one knows what any lenders look for in CLI's....

The only thing we can do is never miss a payment, keep low util and etc, because really, thats the only thing that we can control....

Its kind a like walking into KFC, and asking them for a receipe.....lol

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 12 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@ACG23 wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

What exactly are they looking for when you request a CLI online? They ask for income and housing payment yet you never have to send any proof. 

If it helps -- and I doubt it will, as Cap1's CLIs seem to work by an unknown methodology -- I was declined for a CLI at EX620, but was able to recon for a $250 increase. At EX699/EQ689, I was automatically given a $2000 increase. 

For CLIs, by the way, it looks like Capital One softpulls Equifax, as my most recent TU/EX reports don't list any contemporaneous inquiry from them. 

I got a 500 increase via EO......had asked for 4K.

Looking forward to my 1st 5k limit.....after my BK.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 13 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@ACG23 wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

If it helps -- and I doubt it will, as Cap1's CLIs seem to work by an unknown methodology -- I was declined for a CLI at EX620, but was able to recon for a $250 increase. At EX699/EQ689, I was automatically given a $2000 increase. 

For CLIs, by the way, it looks like Capital One softpulls Equifax, as my most recent TU/EX reports don't list any contemporaneous inquiry from them. 

Good to know.

My EO review is pending and EQ is my high score.

I asked for $1500 to $3000... They gave me $500 to $2000.  Just saw it in online banking... Waiting on a return call still.

Same here, I asked for 4K

Message 14 of 22
bk510
Valued Contributor

@CWL wrote:

I got my first $1300 CLI six months after I graduated credit setps and another $500 CLI six months after that............

How do or did you know that you graduated from credit step?

Message 15 of 22
growing123
Regular Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@ACG23 wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Good to know.

My EO review is pending and EQ is my high score.

They SP my EQ every month for AR and I'm assuming they used it for my CLI in April.  I never see them pull TU/EX either.

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 16 of 22
growing123
Regular Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@CWL wrote:

I got my first $1300 CLI six months after I graduated credit setps and another $500 CLI six months after that............

How do or did you know that you graduated from credit step?

IME, they sent me a letter when i first received the card, stating in six months you could be given a CL of $750.  So you graduate six months after getting the card.  You can look under your 'statements and documents' section of your account online and there should be a letter explaining same.

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 17 of 22
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

As others have said, no one has discovered the receipe for Cap One's secret CLI sauce.  OP...if you are looking for better limits and your scores are decent, you are probably better off looking at other cards (Amex, BOA, Chase, etc.).

I've always been of two minds about Capital One.  On one hand, they stuck with me through the dark times and I will forever be appreciative.  They are also my oldest TL.  But they are highly inconsistent with their business practices, which drives me nuts.  How many Fortune 500 banks do you know where you have to contact the CEO's office to get a measly $500 CLI??? 

I think Cap One is great for people with new/rebuilding credit, but awful but people who were previously rebuilding and now have good credit.  They must lose a lot of business to their competitors due to stingy and inconsistent CLI practices (remember most people don't know contacting EO is an option).

I'm traveling abroard later this summer, and my QSOne would be the perfect companion to bring along due to no FTF.  But it's staying home.  Why?  Because my Arrival+ and BOA Travel Rewards cards also have no FTF, much higher limits, better rewards, EMV, etc.  QSOne would just be taking up space in my European style man-purse...lol!

Message 18 of 22
1_2
Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

As others have said, no one has discovered the receipe for Cap One's secret CLI sauce.  OP...if you are looking for better limits and your scores are decent, you are probably better off looking at other cards (Amex, BOA, Chase, etc.).

I've always been of two minds about Capital One.  On one hand, they stuck with me through the dark times and I will forever be appreciative.  They are also my oldest TL.  But they are highly inconsistent with their business practices, which drives me nuts.  How many Fortune 500 banks do you know where you have to contact the CEO's office to get a measly $500 CLI??? 

I think Cap One is great for people with new/rebuilding credit, but awful but people who were previously rebuilding and now have good credit.  They must lose a lot of business to their competitors due to stingy and inconsistent CLI practices (remember most people don't know contacting EO is an option).

I'm traveling abroard later this summer, and my QSOne would be the perfect companion to bring along due to no FTF.  But it's staying home.  Why?  Because my Arrival+ and BOA Travel Rewards cards also have no FTF, much higher limits, better rewards, EMV, etc.  QSOne would just be taking up space in my European style man-purse...lol!

Capital One was great for helping me rebuild. I have 2 cards with them. 1 secured for 1000.00 (5 years old) the 2nd was Orchard turned Capital One 500.00 limit. Last time I asked for an increase my Fico scores were from 730 - 769. I had other cards with 4,500.00 to 6,500 limits at that time.  I always kept my usage under 30%, paid in full every month.  I appreciate they gave me a chance to rebuild  but don't understand why they won't grow with me. I've bascially given up on them. I dont use either card any more. The secured card is my oldest trade line and that's the ONLY reason I've not cancelled it.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 19 of 22
noobody
Established Contributor

Just an update

Finally sent an email to EO on Friday, got a phone call on Monday, He took some info from me, wake up today, my request has been approved!

QS VISA 4200 << 5,000

QS MC    1200 << 10,000

I did not ask for more, because that is more than I ever need!

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.