Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scores & Credit Line of Limit & Income & Apply for a New Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Scores & Credit Line of Limit & Income & Apply for a New Credit Card

Hello,

I am new to here and have some quetions.  Please help me!

Currently I am paying for Citi Identity Monitor service and able to see three different credit report and scores.  I have read some of informations and those informations says FICO and Equifax scores are the one you can trust. 
Q1. Is this mean the FICO and Equifax score is always same?

I only had one credit crad (credit line limit of $1000) and have not use that much until 2004.  And I began to use that crad since 2004.  Then I kept receiving many different pre-approved credit card offers and I applied for some of pre-approved credit card as I needed.  I always choose one with 0% APR for at least 12 months for purchase and transfered balance, 0% Transfer fee.  Currently I have five credit cards (Credit Union issued Visa, Chase Starbucks Duetto, Chase Master, Citi Platinum, AMEX Blue) with credit line limit of $5000 (AMEX Blue is $8000).
Q2. If I apply for another credit card in next few months, can it be approve for credit line of limit with  $5000?

I had a full time job before when I applied for those credt card I have now.  But I do not have that job and currently seeking a job.
Q3. How my current income situation will affect to apply and approval of new credit card?
Q4. Should I wait to apply for a new card until I get a job?

I have amount of $2000 always need to be transfer to another credit crad to avoid interest in this few years.  And in next February I need to transfer again becasue of 0% APR will end in March statement.  I am seeking for another credit card to apply.  Recently I have received an ofer from Wa-Mu in mail.  It is Platinum Master Card and of casue 0% APR until May 1, 2009 .  But it is only for purchases.  And 0% balance transfer fee.  I must transfer some to obtain 0% APR for purchase until May 1, 2009.  I have always choose the crad with rewards, but this card does not come with reward.  It come with free FICO score.
Q5. Is this card is worth to apply?
Q6. Am I will save the $9.95/mo charge for Citi Identy Monitor service by obtainning this card?

Thank you for your help!!
LittleBunny

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Scores & Credit Line of Limit & Income & Apply for a New Credit Card

Whew! You might want to ask a moderator to move this post over to General Credit Issues. You're welcome to post anywhere, of course, but that site gets the most traffic, and your questions are mostly about, well, general credit issues.

As for the scores, yes, you can get your EQ FICO scores from the EQ site. The others (EX and TU) come from here, although there are persistent rumors about being able to get your TU FICO score somewhere on their site. I've never been able to find it, FWIW. Essentially, if you're trying to figure out if a score is a FICO score, look for the FICO gold seal. It looks an awful lot like the seals that I got on my horse competition ribbons back at age 12 (sorry, FICO), but at least you know what you've got. To see what it looks like, click on the the Credit Education tab up at the top. You'll see the seal on the top right of that page.

But I really would advise that you try to get this very good first post moved to General Credit Issues. I guess the best way to do that is to click on the messages envelope at the top right of your screen, click Send a new message, type in Barry in the Send to box, and ask if he thinks your post would do better on another forum. Alternatively, another mod might see it here and move it on their own. In the meantime, go to the Understanding FICO Scoring tab, and read Credit Scoring 101, and then the Frequently Requested Threads link. This should keep you tied up for a while! But seriously, you won't really grasp any advice you get until you have that basic knowledge under your belt. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your suggestion I will do that.
Message 3 of 5
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

fyi.. the Trans Union FICO site is transunioncs.com ("cs" as in customer service I think).  It's actually a very nice product - report and score for 14.95.  They also have a quarterly report product with weekly alerts for $19.95/quarter.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
As for the scores, yes, you can get your EQ FICO scores from the EQ site. The others (EX and TU) come from here, although there are persistent rumors about being able to get your TU FICO score somewhere on their site. I've never been able to find it, FWIW.

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks! --I kept looking on the straight TU site, and I never could get anywhere.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.