cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Solutions Denied CLI due to New Phone Number?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Solutions Denied CLI due to New Phone Number?

Hi guys,

I just called Credit Solutions to request a CLI on my Walmart Credit Card, and everything was going great up until the phone number verification. I told him my current phone number and he said that it doesnt match the number on my account and he can't verify that. I just updated the phone number on my Walmart account yesterday, and as soon as he told me I went online to confirm that my number was correct and it is. I can't have their verification code sent to my old number that they have because I no longer own it. How am I suppose to proceed with a CLI through them if my phone number is wrong (in their system)?

EDIT: Because they denied this request, am I not going to be able to try again for this same card for a while? I'm kinda pissed about this.

EDIT 2: Just went on my account online and decided to use the LUV button there, and they increased my limit, however I still want to fix this issue with Credit Solutions. There are other cards that I'd like to call about soon. Please advise. 

Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Solutions Denied CLI due to New Phone Number?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

I just called Credit Solutions to request a CLI on my Walmart Credit Card, and everything was going great up until the phone number verification. I told him my current phone number and he said that it doesnt match the number on my account and he can't verify that. I just updated the phone number on my Walmart account yesterday, and as soon as he told me I went online to confirm that my number was correct and it is. I can't have their verification code sent to my old number that they have because I no longer own it. How am I suppose to proceed with a CLI through them if my phone number is wrong (in their system)?

EDIT: Because they denied this request, am I not going to be able to try again for this same card for a while? I'm kinda pissed about this.

EDIT 2: Just went on my account online and decided to use the LUV button there, and they increased my limit, however I still want to fix this issue with Credit Solutions. There are other cards that I'd like to call about soon. Please advise. 

Thanks guys.

Maybe it just takes a little time to update. Give a couple of days call the number on the back of the card and have your information verified. At least that is what I would do. Good Luck..Smiley Happy BTW Congrats on the increase...

Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Solutions Denied CLI due to New Phone Number?

In my case with Sam's Club they asked for my phone number to send the code just before granting my request (it was the last step) so if you got that far I suspect it's a good sign.  Smiley Happy

How long ago did you change your number on your account?  If you recently changed it, simply give it a few days and call them back regarding your increase.  I don't see this being an issue once their systems update.

Good luck!  Smiley Wink

Edited to add:  You can call CS as often as you want (even twice in the same day) so there's no worries there.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.