cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Solutions only works IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BK7!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Credit Solutions only works IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BK7!!

So, I've been around these forums awhile, even before I registered, and though GE/ Schrony is bk friendly in reestablishing credit, it pretty much ends there. Everyone is all like... My Lowes went to $25k!!! My Walmart went to $5k!!! Etc...., well, the one thing all those people had in common with getting higher credit limits thru credit solutions, and with a mid to high 600 score, was the fact they DID NOT have a BK7 showing on the credit report!  If they did get a huge cli with it showing, they were several years out and down the road from their BK.  This is my research and interpretation that credit solutions is worthless for CLI If you still have a BK on reports.... Despite perfect history with them since BK, and a 1% total reporting util, and a decent income. WORTHLESS !!! 

I will go from using all my gE cards (5) that I use monthly to every 3-4 months, and my Wally card that I push a few hundred thru it monthly and pif, will now see a charge of $5 every 3-4 months. Cap one, Barclays, and NFCU have treated me so good since my BK a yr ago, that they deserve my loyalty more. Now, for those of you who want to tell me, "you should be dang lucky that you got 5 GE cards after BK and they have you a chance again".... Well, that's true and I appreciate it, but 6 months of use on their cards heavily, on ALL of them, and no love?? I'm not buying it!! The research shows that they will approve easily after bK, but then not give higher limits for years, or until bk is off reports. 

There... There's my rant again... ( Myjourney, I know you're surprised to see another rant ! LMAO!!!)

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Solutions only works IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BK7!!

I'm sure he isn't surprised because I know I'm not! Smiley Surprised

To be clear, your bk is just one year's old and  you have been given another chance with GE and other lenders.  I wish I knew how forgiving you want a major lender to be; it seems you want everything ...now.  CL's of $5-25k are obtainable but with time.  I'm not sure of any lender that would give out high CL's with a recent bk.

You've come along way and no doubt you will have those limits...be patient. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Patience is not my strong suit Lexie, as you all know, lol!! But when I call in to Credit Solutions, I'm not asking for $5, $10, or $20K!! I'm asking for $1k! Dang! I know I won't get the $10k increases anytime soon, but $1k??? That's pocket change to them!

Ok, I feel better... I ranted... Some will agree with me, some wont... And that's all goodSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 28
toi34
Established Contributor

...OR a collection or charge-off...

Message 4 of 28
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I gave up trying to get CLI's for my GE cards a few months back.

Yeah I filed Ch 13... it was discharged, GE wasn't on my short list of creditors, and I have perfect payment history on all my cards with them that are now a year old.

They did give me a $100 auto CLI on my Walmart card like 4 months ago.

I have no doubt I could be well over 700 scores and still get denied.  I may even try it in early 2015. I'm expecting my TU score to catch my EQ/EX score at that time (when the dozen TU inquiries from late 2013 age past 1 year) and I'll give the luv button another go.

Nah... probably not, I'd just get denied.  

LOL

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

TRC... Lmao!!! Do you know how many trees they could save by just telling you online you aren't eligible ?? It would really save all of us a lot of time, effort, and phone calls if you clicked on the luv button and it said something like this.......

"Thank you for requesting a CLI on your Walmart store card. Unfortunately your not eligible for an increase till 2023." There... Problem solved, tress saved.
Message 6 of 28
Scupra
Super Contributor

Pizza, you have come far! I remember when you first started posting! Be patient and the good will come Smiley Happy 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Scupra!! How the heck are you??!! Long timeSmiley Happy I hear you guys loud and clear. What I find funny is that many years ago I unknowingly "gardened" for like 7 yrs, and then went on an app spree and gardened again for like 10 yrs!!! It was so easy back then, I had no idea I was even doing it, and had very little knowledge of credit how it worked. Now???..... I'm in the "garden" for a month and it feels like 10 yrs!!! Lmao!!!
Message 8 of 28
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

The garden is actually pretty nice.

I will soon have a clean report free of inquiries.  Doesn't get much better...

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 28
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

I'm over 4 years out and was able to double my limit to $5000 using Credit Solutions. Will ask for more in a few months. Give it some time pizza1. I'm actually craving pizza right nowSmiley Very Happy

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.