cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Solutions only works IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BK7!!

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Solutions only works IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BK7!!

@pizza1 wrote:

So, I've been around these forums awhile, even before I registered, and though GE/ Schrony is bk friendly in reestablishing credit, it pretty much ends there. Everyone is all like... My Lowes went to $25k!!! My Walmart went to $5k!!! Etc...., well, the one thing all those people had in common with getting higher credit limits thru credit solutions, and with a mid to high 600 score, was the fact they DID NOT have a BK7 showing on the credit report!  If they did get a huge cli with it showing, they were several years out and down the road from their BK.  This is my research and interpretation that credit solutions is worthless for CLI If you still have a BK on reports.... Despite perfect history with them since BK, and a 1% total reporting util, and a decent income. WORTHLESS !!! 

I will go from using all my gE cards (5) that I use monthly to every 3-4 months, and my Wally card that I push a few hundred thru it monthly and pif, will now see a charge of $5 every 3-4 months. Cap one, Barclays, and NFCU have treated me so good since my BK a yr ago, that they deserve my loyalty more. Now, for those of you who want to tell me, "you should be dang lucky that you got 5 GE cards after BK and they have you a chance again".... Well, that's true and I appreciate it, but 6 months of use on their cards heavily, on ALL of them, and no love?? I'm not buying it!! The research shows that they will approve easily after bK, but then not give higher limits for years, or until bk is off reports. 

There... There's my rant again... ( Myjourney, I know you're surprised to see another rant ! LMAO!!!)

Just be happy you were able to get in with them at all.  I've been delined for every GE/Sync card I've tried for.  Discharged BK7 3/2011 now over a 700 CS and I'm told I dont have enough experience with premium cards on my denials.  I have a $7000 Discover card, $8000 Arrival card, $3500 Sallie Card, as well as 8 other cards ranging from $500-$2600 limits.  You might not have huge limits now with Sync but they will grow, your BK is only a year old!  Just be happy for what you have, it will grow with you.

Message 11 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Plastic.... We all want what we can't have right??!! Lol. I'm super envious of uoir Discover card!!! Your BK is a little less than 3 1/2 yrs old, when did you get your Discover ??? I want that one bad!! And what was your score , and did you have to recon it?? I'm in garden for 2 yrs, and at that point my plan is to app for them.
Message 12 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I posted the other day credit solutions will give me nothing but the love button works when I use FireFox every 4-5 months.

I hear you though... I feel credit solutions is another computer system with a person pushing some buttons, I no longer believe those people actually are reviewing your credit report and making those decisions AT ALL.

Message 13 of 28
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Plastic.... We all want what we can't have right??!! Lol. I'm super envious of uoir Discover card!!! Your BK is a little less than 3 1/2 yrs old, when did you get your Discover ??? I want that one bad!! And what was your score , and did you have to recon it?? I'm in garden for 2 yrs, and at that point my plan is to app for them.

This is true lol!  I got it January of this year instant approval for $800, score in the high 640's...I probably should have waited till I was in the 700's but just wanted a Discover card.  My CLI's were all HP's that I asked for but they were well worth it for me.  $800 -> $2000 -> $3000 -> $7000 in 7 months. 

Message 14 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I posted the other day credit solutions will give me nothing but the love button works when I use FireFox every 4-5 months.

I hear you though... I feel credit solutions is another computer system with a person pushing some buttons, I no longer believe those people actually are reviewing your credit report and making those decisions AT ALL.

This is the absolute truth right here! Synchrony analysts are merely data entry people. Wonder do they get paid data entry rate. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 28
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I knew that like 5 months ago when they told me over the phone that all the rep does is review the computer decision.

That's why I've said all along that the GE hype plastered all over these forums is a crock.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 16 of 28
Scupra
Super Contributor

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

This is true lol!  I got it January of this year instant approval for $800, score in the high 640's...I probably should have waited till I was in the 700's but just wanted a Discover card.  My CLI's were all HP's that I asked for but they were well worth it for me.  $800 -> $2000 -> $3000 -> $7000 in 7 months. 

Good job on that Discover.. I was recently declined The Discover IT with a 680 score :/  ONLY reason listed was Bankruptcy and I attempted to recon a total of 4 times now. Good luck in the future!

@Anonymous - Been good! I think I spend more time in the BK sub forum more than the Credit Card section. Just working on building existing limits up. I couldn't wait the 24 months to app for Discover and pulled the trigger at 22 months. Decline as you can read above. We all get denials that get to us Smiley Happy Just keep plugging away and the greatness will come! I remember when you were so upset NFCU wasn't giving you anything, and look at you now! haha good luck Pizza!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 17 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

CS denies me all the time even though I don't have a BK....just keep at them....persistence breaks resistance.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 18 of 28
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

there is a beneit to their denial, it gives me some paper to light a fire with!

Message 19 of 28
chalupaman
Super Contributor

GE has been good to me but I haven't bothered with their luv button and instead just get auto CLIs from them. Perhaps I'll have to see if in a couple of months, using Firefox would actually work in terms of getting that button to actually do anything.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.