Did you mean: 

Credit Spree Damage Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Spree Damage Report

Nice CL on the BOA.

Have your scores dropped yet?

BTW, who did NewEgg pull? I think DH would be interested in the FREE Rush Processing for orders. Or at least I am since he pays the extra $ for Rush Processing. Grr..
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am with you MV-
I am going to keep off the radar at AMEX-

MidnightVoice wrote:

cheddar wrote:

please be careful with that new Amex!  I saw your plan to BT to a brand new Amex card and pay it off by next year, and it made my heart jump into my throat a little.

I have a 0% APR on purchases for a year on my new AMEX and I will be PIFfing every month.  I got the card to establish a long relationship with them for future travel esp, not to take advantage of the new card offers.

I am thinking very long term here!!!

Message 12 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm cross-eyed and didn't have any coffee yet, but did OP spend over $14k on CCs alone in less than a month?

If OP Pays in full next month, I'd wager a 25-40 point drop over the next 2-3 months due to the new credit, with a full recovery come late summer. If OP doesn't PIF next month, I'd wager a 80-100 point drop by Apr. 1.
Message 13 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

BTW, thanks OP for sharing. It's scenarios like this that keep us junkies going.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.