Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Steps CLI question for Cap 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Steps CLI question for Cap 1

Hey guys!

So I got my first Cap 1 back in August at a $300 CL. Got a $500 CLI in October, and today I got my credit step CLI. I was kind of bummed to see it was only a $500 bump. I made many many payments thru it, and used it heavily. I saw others were getting far larger bumps, I am wondering why mine was low.

Is it possible to get them to do a larger increase, or best to leave it alone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Steps CLI question for Cap 1

Cap 1 is generally 6 month intervals for requests.

My theory is credit improvement not usage that warrants the amount given. *shrugs*

Message 2 of 4
Espresso
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys!

So I got my first Cap 1 back in August at a $300 CL. Got a $500 CLI in October, and today I got my credit step CLI. I was kind of bummed to see it was only a $500 bump. I made many many payments thru it, and used it heavily. I saw others were getting far larger bumps, I am wondering why mine was low.

Is it possible to get them to do a larger increase, or best to leave it alone?

So, your CL is now $1,000? That is a pretty good CL on a CO card only 6 months old that started at $300 in credit steps.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my credit steps CLI for $200 after the 5th statement then I turned around went online hit the Love button and got another $1500 the credit steps will not affect the 6 month rule fro cap one so 2 days after your 6th statemnt go online and hit the request limit increase button. I just hit 11 months on my quicksilver and hit the love button and got a $2000 CLI but my credit scores also just jumped from 650 to the 740s.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.