Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Transformation Almost Complete

tag
joeyh2007
New Contributor

Credit Transformation Almost Complete

Currently I'm waiting for a decision on a Discover More application. It said processing, so I called and was transferred to an account manager in Ohio. She said, honestly, that the fact that it was not an instant denial was a very positive thing, but I will be expecting a call during normal business hours in the next two days to answer some questions and verify info.

If I get the approval, I will now have a prime card from Amex, Discover, Visa and Mastercard. 

I decided to pull the trigger because I received an offer and I recently had the only negative on my credit account deleted because the CA never sent me a paid in full letter, so I started a dispute and had the account removed from all 3 bureaus because they failed to follow procedure and honor my request. 

But the big point is that, with a Discover approval, I will be able to transfer the ballances from my two CapOne cards totaling around $1000 and finally be able to close those two accounts (right before the AF is charged) because they have failed to grow with me and only want to charge an AF and high interest. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as my scores are all near 700 now, but I am preparing to see a drop in AAoA considering that the pending Discover will be a third new TL in 60 days, but then I would garden for about a year, if not more so I can grow the CLs.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Transformation Almost Complete

Congrats on the approvals!  I'm betting the Discover will come through.  Usually if they need to ask questions, it's probably just for confirming identity etc.  Good Luck!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I noticed you have a 1k spending cap on amex how did you get that?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 7
joeyh2007
New Contributor

Good question. The 1K cap came from an FR, because I was a student recently and establishing a business, so I ended up working with an executive who put the cap on my card until they could get a feel of my usage and payments. Since the FR, my credit score went up 70 points, so that cap should go away within a couple months as the executive told me.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Message 4 of 7
joeyh2007
New Contributor

Re: Credit Transformation Almost Complete Update: APPROVED!!!

I was approved for the Discover More card with a starting CL of $1500.

Message 5 of 7
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Yay for you!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 6 of 7
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

@joeyh2007 wrote:

I was approved for the Discover More card with a starting CL of $1500.

Congrats!!! 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.