Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Union Question

I am not sure if I should post this here or on the General Credit section so I did both Hope some one can help me out with this.

I just joined a Credit Union (NCSECU). They pull from Equifax. I have the following on my EQ report. Do you think I will have a shot at alone or CC with a decent CL?

BK (Ch.7)        8/2000
Judgement      10/2002
Collection        10/2006       Reported 07/2007   161.00
Collection         5/2007        Reported 8/2007       52.00
Collection        02/2007       Reported 8/2007      169.00
Presidio           12/2001       Last pymt 10/2001    1015.00
Americredit      05/2004       Last pymt 04/2005    BAlance 7023.00 Charged off 8099.00

I would like to barrow enough to pay off my CC's and these collections accounts above. EQ is by far my worst report and my score there is 581 wont seem to budge. I had all my colletions that I new of paid off. My EX and TU look so much better than this one. Plus I have a ton of inquires on my reports as well.
Thanks for any help you can offer.  
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Union Question

Whoa..

I would be very concerned of all those baddies..
CUs dont have a pattern of leniency.. some with good financials are more lenient while some with less are extremely strict..

Not sure how your particular works.. try Credit Pulls at cb or whogavemecredit.com and input ur State and name of cu and see..

Again, those are quite a few baddies- but what are your scores ??! (fico)

Message Edited by SonorityGenius on 12-18-2007 08:25 AM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ is 581 and that is what the lady at the CU said they pull. I do have good accounts as well but thought the bad ones were the ones that would stop me. As far as we knew we had paid all the collection that were out and were even able to have them removed then the next thing I know we have these 3 here just show up. The one for 52.00 the CA called me at work and I told them I was trying to find a number for them or the OC as I did not even know who or what this was. He said he would get right back to me and never called again. The other Collections are for the same hospital as well and I have a letter from them that my balance is -0- . But I am willing to pay them if they will remove them. EQ just wont turn loose of the Judgement. I had that removed from my other 2 reports and all 3 of my husbands but EQ wont do it til 9/2009 they said. I even sent them a letter from Wells Fargo that it should be removed to being Vacated.
Message 3 of 5
orl2185
Established Contributor

May have [problems with cu being to the fact the timeline on the baddies. Very fairly new in any creditor's eyes... IMO
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I try and pay off the Collections first and have them removed and then try for a loan or CC with the CU. Do you think that will increase my chances?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.