Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union credit cards

tag
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Union credit cards

texasmommy~ Congrats!!  I think it only says under review for a few hours, they work pretty fast.  You should be able to go ahead and app online for whatever other products you are interested in.  With my CC, they called me a couple hours after applying and said you've been approved.

As far as the 17 pt drop, they will use the score they received from TU at the time of the pull....which depending on where you are getting your scores from, could be higher, lower or the same.

I wonder if they have a referral bonus Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy .....for me and score!

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 41 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received an email asking for my most recent utility bill to prove my residency for my savings application. Nothing about the checking application. I'm gonna do that before I leave work and get it done.
Message 42 of 58
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just received an email asking for my most recent utility bill to prove my residency for my savings application. Nothing about the checking application. I'm gonna do that before I leave work and get it done.

That's because the opening of the savings account is the establishment of membership. If the savings account has not been fully opened they won't open the checking account. Please keep us posted on your progress. 

Almost forgot. I've been a member of RBFCU since 2012 and after years of banking with Chase I finally moved all of my banking there; they are great.

Message 43 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FroggieMom wrote:

texasmommy~ Congrats!!  I think it only says under review for a few hours, they work pretty fast.  You should be able to go ahead and app online for whatever other products you are interested in.  With my CC, they called me a couple hours after applying and said you've been approved.

As far as the 17 pt drop, they will use the score they received from TU at the time of the pull....which depending on where you are getting your scores from, could be higher, lower or the same.

I wonder if they have a referral bonus Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy .....for me and score!

It wont let me apply for anything yet because I'm not officially a member until my application is approved I guess.  I sent them what they asked for so now I just wait.....

Message 44 of 58
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

image.jpeg

Message 45 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

image.jpeg

LMAO!!!!

Message 46 of 58
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

image.jpeg

LMAO!!!!

WOOOOW!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 47 of 58
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Any news texasmommy??

Message 48 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FroggieMom wrote:

Any news texasmommy??

Yep. Denial. I've paid off some cards, gotten credit limit increases and new credit since they pulled my report so I sent them those statements to be reviewed and requested they reconsider. Hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow. 

Message 49 of 58
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

So they denied you membership as well??  Or just for the credit products?

** I see you mentioned you also opened even more credit since they pulled your report last week.  This may have actually hurt you, more than helped you.  Trying for too much credit at one time when you still have a "weak" file can signal a red flag to lenders.  You may just need to let your accounts you have currently continue to grow for awhile.  Come join us in the Garden Club if you decide to wait it out Smiley Happy  Everyone in there is friendly, helpful and will keep you on track with you goals!

Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.