Did you mean: 

Credit Union of Southern California

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Union of Southern California

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

If he works in Anaheim then I think you're qualified for San Deigo County CU, which I remember very fondly from last decade and I suspect they're much larger than this one from an asset perspective.  Might be worth looking into them in your situation.

But see, that's the beauty of being a member of a CU that is a "Credit Union Service Center" (as is the Credit Union of Southern California).  This is the one thing that was explained to us at length.  Once you become of a member of a shared branch type CU you can go into any other shared branch CU "in the network"---SO-- we are going to go to this credit union: click here, to do all our business, this one is also known as the Disney Credit Union.  That "shared branch" benefit is awesome!

So I'll ask, how many times do you really need to go into a branch office? Smiley Happy

About the only reason I do is I sometimes receive cash for some of the refereeing I do, and I just don't spend any cash anymore (I run my life through my cards now).  While it's a smart benefit, I don't see where it's necessarily a godsend.  Also, just because you can walk into any branch, doesn't mean that you're a *member* of those other credit unions necessarily.  Generally speaking, the bigger the credit union is, quite often the better for anything beyond walk-in service... such as getting a credit card Smiley Wink.

        
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.