Frequent Contributor
racer-x

Re: Credit Union's Credit Cards vs Bank's Credit Cards?

I agree with everything that's been said.

I'm with a local CU, General Electric.  I have (2) auto loans with them on used vehicles for 4%.  They also gave me my lst biggish CC back in December for $3500 @8%..

They are the 2nd largest home mortgage lender in my area......so with my current relationship with  them and plans to buy a house in a year, I should be sittng pretty good.

I'm also with DCU.  They gave me a $10k Visa @ 8.5% in January.  I bought a 2013 Harley Davidson last week thru H-D (Eaglemark bank) at a rate of 8%....I will be calling DCU to refinance in 90 days.

Starting Score 9/12: EQ 645 TU 641 EX 651
Current Score5/13: myFico EQ 729 DicoverTU 710 myFico EX 734
Goal Score: 750

AMEX PRG,AMEX BCP-$15.1k,US Bank PLOC-$15K,CSP-$15k,Freedom-$6k,CapOneVisa-$15k,US Bank Visa-$10k, DCU Visa-$10k,Paypal MC-$15k,USAA MC-$12k,Lowes-$8600,CapOne Visa-$10k,Discover IT-$12.9K,BoA Visa-$10.1K Walmart -$4k,GECU Visa-$3500, US RLOC-$750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
phillyguy12

Re: Credit Union's Credit Cards vs Bank's Credit Cards?

i agree with everything said so far i will just add if you are thinking about getting cc from your cu, inquire about their credit limit increase policy. i have one its a no frills card but its the lowest rate i have @ 13%  so if i want to carry a small bal its my goto card. however i just started rebuilding when i got it and low balled myself on the limit and only asked for 1200 because at the time that was my highest subprime limit- my credit union wouldn't take an app w/ out a desired limit and i didn't want to go too high and get denied. well they instantly approved me, however i later learned they don't do auto CLI's like the major banks often do, and any CLI request would def. be a hard pull. so until next yr my limit will remain at 1200 as i do not want any more hard pulls this yr.

Amx BCE-9000,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-5600
Credit Union Visa-1200
Discover-1900, Khols-1000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}