Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions/Chexsystems

tag
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Credit Unions/Chexsystems

Can someone please post a list of Credit Unions that don't pull chexsystems just to open a savings account ? I've been told in the past that as long as your just applying for a savings account chexsystems isn't pulled but, I tried 3 different CU's & all of them pulled chex's. Help please !!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Unions/Chexsystems

@MidnightOwl wrote:
Can someone please post a list of Credit Unions that don't pull chexsystems just to open a savings account ? I've been told in the past that as long as your just applying for a savings account chexsystems isn't pulled but, I tried 3 different CU's & all of them pulled chex's. Help please !!!

Have you pulled your ChexSytems reports?  You're entitled to a free one yearly.  Check to see what's reporting to clean it up.  That way, you won't have to iinquire about which CU's do/don't check your ChexSystems report.  Good luck!  D.I. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to be negative but EVERY credit union I have worked with has pulled chexsystems. In todays world you will be hardpressed to find one that doesnt I think.  I agree with DI is your Chexsystems something you can handle? I would work on it then worry about getting new accounts.
Message 3 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

Message 4 of 8
pmany0324
Valued Member

Hi All,

I've been an active lurker but have never posted anything.  I am addicted to this forum and log on at least 3 or 4 times a day.  Been itching to post, but just haven't had the courage (still in the rebuilding process).  But I just wanted to say to the OP that I was on chexsystem and pulled my report and disputed what was on my file and got it removed.  But while in the process of disputing, I was able to open up a savings account with DCU, then a few months later when my chexsystem was cleared, I opened up a checking with them.  Hope that helps and Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Is that Digital Credit Union ?
Message 6 of 8
pmany0324
Valued Member

Yes, I opened it online with $5.00 deposit. I did this about a year ago. 

Message 7 of 8
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Thanks alot. I'll look into it to see if maybe I qualify.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.