Regular Contributor
MidnightOwl

Credit Unions/Chexsystems

Can someone please post a list of Credit Unions that don't pull chexsystems just to open a savings account ? I've been told in the past that as long as your just applying for a savings account chexsystems isn't pulled but, I tried 3 different CU's & all of them pulled chex's. Help please !!!
Super Contributor
DI

Re: Credit Unions/Chexsystems

MidnightOwl wrote:
Can someone please post a list of Credit Unions that don't pull chexsystems just to open a savings account ? I've been told in the past that as long as your just applying for a savings account chexsystems isn't pulled but, I tried 3 different CU's & all of them pulled chex's. Help please !!!

Have you pulled your ChexSytems reports?  You're entitled to a free one yearly.  Check to see what's reporting to clean it up.  That way, you won't have to iinquire about which CU's do/don't check your ChexSystems report.  Good luck!  D.I. 

Established Contributor
okstatefan5945

Not to be negative but EVERY credit union I have worked with has pulled chexsystems. In todays world you will be hardpressed to find one that doesnt I think.  I agree with DI is your Chexsystems something you can handle? I would work on it then worry about getting new accounts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Credit Goals
1. No Lates
2. Join the 700 club
3. No inquiries
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Contributor
DI

Established Member
pmany0324

Hi All,

I've been an active lurker but have never posted anything.  I am addicted to this forum and log on at least 3 or 4 times a day.  Been itching to post, but just haven't had the courage (still in the rebuilding process).  But I just wanted to say to the OP that I was on chexsystem and pulled my report and disputed what was on my file and got it removed.  But while in the process of disputing, I was able to open up a savings account with DCU, then a few months later when my chexsystem was cleared, I opened up a checking with them.  Hope that helps and Good Luck! :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
MidnightOwl

Is that Digital Credit Union ?
Established Member
pmany0324

Yes, I opened it online with $5.00 deposit. I did this about a year ago. 

Regular Contributor
MidnightOwl

Thanks alot. I'll look into it to see if maybe I qualify.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+