Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions that cobrand american express

tag
Achase
Regular Contributor

Credit Unions that cobrand american express

Im looking for a credit union that offers an American Express credit card. I dont wanna go to citibank or bank of america because they are too shady with the way they deal with customers. i have a BofA world points visa but im not looking for another Fia or bank of america backed card. im trying to get as many different credit unions that offer amex credit cards so i can review them and see which do i qualify for.. if i was military i could have got the USAA amex but im just a ordinary citizen...lol i would go direct with american express but they keep denying me so... Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Unions that cobrand american express

I know only one CU which offers Amex, and this local CU.

But thing is Amex is offered via FIA wich leads you back to BOFA.

http://www.firstatlanticcu.com/home/per/loa/mc#amex

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 23
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Amex branded card choices are few and far between.  Given what you've said about your options and choices for an Amex or Amex branded card, I would suggest:

1.) Find a credit union that fits your needs, join, and app for their Visa. 

2.) After the above approval, call and convert your current BOA card to a BOA Amex. 

Granted, it can be a risk contacting BOA for anything in this climate, but if you really want an Amex-branded CC, that's probably your most viable option at the moment.  Good luck.
Message 3 of 23
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

Amex branded card choices are few and far between.  Given what you've said about your options and choices for an Amex or Amex branded card, I would suggest:

1.) Find a credit union that fits your needs, join, and app for their Visa. 

2.) After the above approval, call and convert your current BOA card to a BOA Amex. 

Granted, it can be a risk contacting BOA for anything in this climate, but if you really want an Amex-branded CC, that's probably your most viable option at the moment.  Good luck.

Have many people done this here? The last time I called BoA, I felt like I was being interrogated. I have a couple of FIA cards, but I too am also interested in a co-branded AMEX. 

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears after Googling - FIA Card Services American Express Card Credit Union -,, That BoA backs the Amex branded Credit Union Cards,

I just joined USAA and they offer an Amex Card,  Amex proper backs that one, So I dunno if USAA would aprrove you or not,

Good luck,

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are the only CU or FSB AMEX cards I am aware of.  I have the USAA only.

Arrowhead Credit Union has a Reward AMEX

http://www.arrowheadcu.org/index.cfm?Parent=ArrowheadCreditUnion&Category=Loans&SubCategory=Rewards%...

American First Credit Union has AMEX

http://www.amerfirst.org/credit_cards_amex.shtml

USAA has AMEX (not CU, but a member owned FSB)

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=banking_credit_cards_amex

Message 6 of 23
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Both of the CU cards you list are issued by FIA/BofA.
Message 7 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

johnson_long wrote:

It appears after Googling - FIA Card Services American Express Card Credit Union -,, That BoA backs the Amex branded Credit Union Cards,

I just joined USAA and they offer an Amex Card,  Amex proper backs that one, So I dunno if USAA would aprrove you or not,

Good luck,

USAA manages its AmEx card, including approvals and CLI's. The card is just processed through the AmEx network, and (luckily perhaps), American Express has no voice in the card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give Dillards AMEX (GEMB) a try.
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

none of these cards provide the option to purchase credit secure, though, right? or do they?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.