Did you mean: 

Credit Unions that cobrand american express

tag
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Unions that cobrand american express

No, they do not

@Anonymous wrote:
none of these cards provide the option to purchase credit secure, though, right? or do they?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 11 of 23
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Give Dillards AMEX (GEMB) a try.

This card is not such an easy approval.
Message 12 of 23
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Bumping your thread, now that PenFed is offering an Amex that they administer; not FIA.  Here's the thread on myFICO regarding this, in case you missed it:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=192504

Message 13 of 23
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

Bumping your thread, now that PenFed is offering an Amex that they administer; not FIA.  Here's the thread on myFICO regarding this, in case you missed it:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=192504

Too bad they had to muck this card up with an AF. At least you get some limited access to airport VIP lounges.

Message 14 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whew!

* 5 Points on Air Travel
* 3 Points on Hotels and Dining* through December 31, 2010
* Automatic enrollment in PenFed Premium Rewards program
* 500+ Luxury VIP Global Airport Lounge Access
* 24/7 Premium Concierge Service
* Exclusive Travel Upgrades and Offers
* World-Class Insurance Coverage
* Redeem on any Airline; no black-out dates or restrictions

You don't see many offers like this any more.

And not to start the war up again, but $50 beats the fees for the American Express Plat, for instance, which is still giving one point per dollar for most charges.

Good thing I don't need this. If I were a big traveler, this would be awfully tempting. That fee could be recouped pretty quickly with a couple of airline trips every month.

eta: If nothing else, I hope this stirs USAA up a bit and gets some competition going. USAA is losing business to PenFed, and they know it. When I cashed out a CD a few months ago, due to the abysmal interest most CD's are earning these days, the CSR was audibly anxious that I was transferring my business to PenFed. They know that they lost my car loan...
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-16-2009 03:43 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 23
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

That's what I'm on the prowl for: secured Amex
Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 16 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@tboy1977 wrote:
That's what I'm on the prowl for: secured Amex

You can't apply for this card, it's usually given as a counteroffer and requires a (from what I've read) minimum deposit of $10,000. 

Message 17 of 23
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I have the USAA Amex, it's ok.

What are the reasons Amex keeps denying?

I don't know if there are really any "Easy approval" co-branded Amex cards out there.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 23
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

That's the REAL American Express cards (issued by Amex Centurion Bank).  These posts are about credit unions that offer cards on the Amex network, instead of Visa or MC.  Amex obviously offers cards on its own network, unlike Visa and MC that are just networks.  But I'll take a CU Amex and garden the daylights out of that card................

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 19 of 23
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I don't believe USAA's Amex is real.

@tboy1977 wrote:

That's the REAL American Express cards (issued by Amex Centurion Bank).  These posts are about credit unions that offer cards on the Amex network, instead of Visa or MC.  Amex obviously offers cards on its own network, unlike Visa and MC that are just networks.  But I'll take a CU Amex and garden the daylights out of that card................

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.