Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Unions

Do credit unions usually do a chexsystems check just to open up a savings account only? I went to open up a savings account today at a local CU to eventually apply for a credit card and they did a chexsystems check. Im in chexsystems but they still opened up my savings account.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Unions

Wow didn't know they did one for a savings account.  I had a chexsystems issue about 3 years ago and had major problems opening up a checking account.  I did a lot of research on google and found banks they do not use their system.  I joined Compass bank with no problems because they did not run that check.

Glad to have that finally off and I could get with with BoA for the last year.
Message 2 of 14
orl2185
Established Contributor

BCG, I have both navy and justice fcu neither pull chexsystem.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is JFCU a good CU?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhhhhhh Compass -
The WORST bank ever- 

nicemann wrote:
Wow didn't know they did one for a savings account.  I had a chexsystems issue about 3 years ago and had major problems opening up a checking account.  I did a lot of research on google and found banks they do not use their system.  I joined Compass bank with no problems because they did not run that check.

Message 5 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

CCCU runs Chexsystems I hear.
Message 6 of 14
nicemann
Established Contributor

Timothy wrote:
Ahhhhhhhh Compass -
The WORST bank ever- 

nicemann wrote:

I agree they weren't the best bank out there but I was able to use them for a couple of years till I got past my problem wih Chexsystems.  All of the CUs used Chexsystems in my area.  I tried several of them.  Once I got the chance I ran over to BoA.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) or Justice Federal Credit Union (JFCU).  I think that you would be pleased with bother.  Neither of those use Chexsystems.  However they do pull an EQUIFAX credit report to open the checking/savings account.  After getting in their credit card programs are awesome!  I think that you would be pleased with both.  Maybe you should joing both.....hehehe.....If I can help you out just ask.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasnt in the Navy so that rules me out for the NFCU Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a JFCU and NFCU checking account,and I have not a problem with either.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.