Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions

tag
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Credit Unions

So i think the next step for me would be to get my foot in the door with a credit union? Im planing on getting a car in the next two years so id like to get the best rates for said car. Im curently in maryland does anyone know what my options are as far as credit unions go? is this a good plan?

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Unions

I don't live in that area, but I do have an account with DCU.  I believe they are up there by you.  You could look into them.  They have some great auto loan rates (one of the long-term reasons I opened an account with them, though there were other reasons).  Not really sure about other CUs in your area, but I am sure someone who lives up there will come along to assist.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 2 of 22
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

sorry wrong post was on mobile

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 3 of 22
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

DCU is in your area and a lot of member I here belong to that credit union. If you can get in with NFCU, I recommend them. I just joined and I wish I would have joined sooner. Good luck!

Message 4 of 22
H14
Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

I don't live in that area, but I do have an account with DCU.  I believe they are up there by you.  You could look into them.  They have some great auto loan rates (one of the long-term reasons I opened an account with them, though there were other reasons).  Not really sure about other CUs in your area, but I am sure someone who lives up there will come along to assist.

Seconding this. Love everything about them thusfar.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am in the Maryland area,   are you in the Baltimore Area or the DC area,   Western Maryland,  or Eastern Shore?

Message 6 of 22
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i am in the Maryland area,   are you in the Baltimore Area or the DC area,   Western Maryland,  or Eastern Shore?

Baltimore

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try   MECU  or SecurityPlus,   also look at SECU  and Tower Federal Credit Union.    There are some Navy Fed Branches  in AA county and south.  There is a NASA Branch in Columbia.

Message 8 of 22
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

I dont think i qual for NFCU but i might. Do you think it would be good for me to join a CU now?

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is never a bad time to apply for a Credit Union.     Build a relationship with a Credit Union is a smart move when building your finances.  

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.