Established Contributor
Badcreditguy

Credit Unions

Do credit unions usually do a chexsystems check just to open up a savings account only? I went to open up a savings account today at a local CU to eventually apply for a credit card and they did a chexsystems check. Im in chexsystems but they still opened up my savings account.
Established Contributor
nicemann

Re: Credit Unions

Wow didn't know they did one for a savings account.  I had a chexsystems issue about 3 years ago and had major problems opening up a checking account.  I did a lot of research on google and found banks they do not use their system.  I joined Compass bank with no problems because they did not run that check.

Glad to have that finally off and I could get with with BoA for the last year.
As of 04/23/2011 - 731 for EQ FICO
As of 03/02/2012 - 779 for TU FICO
As of 12/2010 - 720 - 729 For EX (Chase FICO Score Provided by EX)
Established Contributor
orl2185

BCG, I have both navy and justice fcu neither pull chexsystem.

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Badcreditguy

Is JFCU a good CU?
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Ahhhhhhhh Compass -
The WORST bank ever- 

nicemann wrote:
Wow didn't know they did one for a savings account.  I had a chexsystems issue about 3 years ago and had major problems opening up a checking account.  I did a lot of research on google and found banks they do not use their system.  I joined Compass bank with no problems because they did not run that check.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

CCCU runs Chexsystems I hear.
Established Contributor
nicemann

Timothy wrote:
Ahhhhhhhh Compass -
The WORST bank ever- 

nicemann wrote:

I agree they weren't the best bank out there but I was able to use them for a couple of years till I got past my problem wih Chexsystems.  All of the CUs used Chexsystems in my area.  I tried several of them.  Once I got the chance I ran over to BoA.
As of 04/23/2011 - 731 for EQ FICO
As of 03/02/2012 - 779 for TU FICO
As of 12/2010 - 720 - 729 For EX (Chase FICO Score Provided by EX)
Regular Contributor
jamesb40517

I would recommend Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) or Justice Federal Credit Union (JFCU).  I think that you would be pleased with bother.  Neither of those use Chexsystems.  However they do pull an EQUIFAX credit report to open the checking/savings account.  After getting in their credit card programs are awesome!  I think that you would be pleased with both.  Maybe you should joing both.....hehehe.....If I can help you out just ask.
Established Contributor
Badcreditguy

I wasnt in the Navy so that rules me out for the NFCU :smileysad:
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

I have a JFCU and NFCU checking account,and I have not a problem with either.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}