Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit approval posting suggestions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit approval posting suggestions

Has there ever been any thought to having some type of template to use when posting about credit card or cli approvals? I don't want to sound like a wet paper bag or anything. But it seems like there could be a lot more good info to use if people could possibly include some general data points along with their approval. I'm not calling anyone out, I'm as guilty as the next for not including more info. I know encouragement from other members is a big thing and it does make us all feel good, we should be proud of accomplishments. It just seems that only posting something like, "Got approved for XYZ Bank's Super dollar Defender card!" Then 3 pages of people posting "Congrats!" Is a bit uninformative. Why not include some general info like score from the CRA(s) that was pulled, general utilization at the time of approval, credit limit granted. I know not everyone follows their stats as closely, but some type of info at least. Just seems we are wasting a chance to establish a database of info. Some of that info does get asked for and posted throughout a thread, but wading through 4 pages of "congrats" or "grats", is disheartening. I know, "First world problems." Again, I'm not at all the whiny type or complaining, just trying to think of ways to be better.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit approval posting suggestions

Thanks, I'm aware of the credit pulls database (although, I don't believe the rules allow us to post direct links), and it does provide some of my suggestion. It is still sort of spotty. It would be nice though if we could have the information contained here. I guess I'm not so much saying, "Let's build a searchable database" as I am saying, "If we're gonna post things, lets really do it right and provide in-depth information that others can use to compare their own situation to, something they can use to help make their decision to apply or not. Or at least some general information. And yes I agree, the credit pulls database does provide some of that. 

Message 2 of 4
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Congrats! On the credit approval suggestions.... Jk

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 3 of 4
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I totally agree with you... More data points the better informed we'll  be. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.