Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit bureaus and score curiosity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit bureaus and score curiosity

OK here goes. I'm curious about my scores and I'm wondering if anyone can help. My current scores are tu: 631 ex: 582 ex: 580 (somewhere around there). I have child support on eq but I also had a couple medical collections on all 3. Seems like when I disputed the one/s on tu and it was deleted, along with new credit posting, my score went up...my other scores haven't. I want to dispute these collections with ex and eq but they're saying they can't verify my identity...even with me having a cr from ex on hand. Anyway I want know know if these Med collections are possibly what's holding my score back or could it be something else?

(Pretty new to credit and still learning)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit bureaus and score curiosity

Collections are generally a big black mark, so it is very possible that they are driving your score down, especially if they're more than 180 days late
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea they're from 2011. I want to get them removed but I'm having trouble verifying my identity
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Were your disputes made via their online portal, or did you file a paper dispute and they still challenged lack of verification?

A paper dispute that includes a copy of a government issued ID should satisfy any identity verification requirement on their part.....

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried using the online portal and can't get in because it's saying they can't verify my identity. I even got a report in the mail from experian and still can't get in using the report number.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for the child support it does not effect you scores see this link. http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/WhatsNotInYourScore.aspx Concerning the medical collections google the HIPAA Letter Process and follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks for that info

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always call Experian. It worked just as well for me.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.