Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card & Banking takeovers

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card & Banking takeovers

My luck BofA will by National City.  I would like to see BofA, Wells Fargo and HSBC alll merge so I can have all my enimies in one place if you will.

Here is a side question:

What would happen if a banlk that you had problems with in the past decided to by a bank that you have a well established reationship with?

Would would they do with  your CC account?
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC IS HUGE.  HONGKONG AND SHANGHAI.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of banking takeovers, I've never heard of there being such a thing as an actual Capital One bank branch. All of a sudden, in one weeks span I see 5 branches just in my small Brooklyn, NY neighborhood alone. They're also popping up all over NYC. Anyone else finding this to be true?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ChaoticKinesis wrote:
Speaking of banking takeovers, I've never heard of there being such a thing as an actual Capital One bank branch. All of a sudden, in one weeks span I see 5 branches just in my small Brooklyn, NY neighborhood alone. They're also popping up all over NYC. Anyone else finding this to be true?

Yep, I have noticed it (also in Brooklyn, BTW).  Capital One took over North Fork Bank and changed all the old North Fork branches to Capital One branches.  This has happened in just the last month or so.

I didn't even know they did actual banking operations until this happened.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, I have noticed it (also in Brooklyn, BTW). Capital One took over North Fork Bank and changed all the old North Fork branches to Capital One branches. This has happened in just the last month or so.

I didn't even know they did actual banking operations until this happened.

Was it NorthFork? That's one of those banks I'd pass by everyday, never paying attention or remembering what it's called. Anyway, that definitely explains it.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.