Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card application

Hello everyone,

Last week I applied for Chase Slate, with intention of transferring my balance from my two other cards (both in Chase Smiley Sad) I was approved in a minute. Yesterday (week later from application) I received my new card. Excited that I got K credit line and lowest interest they offer (11.99%). So I called to activate my card and check status of a transfer. To my surprise they were rejected, I was shocked! Then they told me that I can't do transfer in the same bank. I had no idea... I picket Chase just because I have account with them... So now week later from my application I am thinking about applying for another one, just to transfer my balance (thinking about Cit Diamond Preferred).

I would like to know how this will affect my credit score and what are my chances that I will get as good deal as form Chase? Could this application for Chase lower my credit that Cit may not offer me their lowest APR?

I would really appreciate any help on that matter.

BTW this a first time I am trying to do transfer - lesson taken - do not use your own bank for transfer...

Thank you!

Natalia

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card application

I think that the Citi card looks like a good choice for the balance transfer. The 0% 18 months will give you some time to pay your balances down. Initially, you will take a small hit for the inquiry, and your AAoA will decrease. But, I think your financial outlook is the more positive way to look at is as it will help you pay down your current balances.

Message 2 of 9
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

You can't BT to same banks sooooo to cheat the system call Chase and ask them to send you BT check.

When you get the BT check deposit into your checking account to get cash as BT and pay off your old card.

This will work and it's legal as they will see it as BT check to yourself.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your advise. I may do that.

I have one more question tho - Citi is charging 3% transfer fee - if I am transferring form one card, they will charge me one time fee of 3% from entire transferred amount, right? This is not monthly 3%?

Thank you!

Natalia 

Message 4 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one more question tho - Citi is charging 3% transfer fee - if I am transferring form one card, they will charge me one time fee of 3% from entire transferred amount, right? This is not monthly 3%?

Thank you!

Natalia 

Correct, that is a one time fee on the balance transfer amount.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 6 of 9
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@Epcot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Natalia 

Correct, that is a one time fee on the balance transfer amount.

That is correct. However, to avoid subsequent interest charges, and I am 99% certain, when you receive your first statement and before the due date, be sure to pay the minimum due plus the entire balance transfer fee. Otherwise, they will charge you the regular APR on any unpaid BTF until it is paid in full. Just something to think about.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you! I would not think about that!

Message 8 of 9
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

If your using Slate card there is no BT fee first 60 days.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.