Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card apps ?

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Credit card apps ?

How long usually you gues app for another credit card ?? and how many each time ? i currently have 3 credit card but no rewards or anything like that....i want something like Discover or Amex.....my recent 3 months old ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Credit card apps ?

Just do it lol. A HP is a HP. Do you have a lot of recent ones? If thats the only thing bad about your report, then just don't apply for a Barleycard lol.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 2 of 36
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

When you app it's generally a good idea to do it in a spree.   Go for the ones you want and let them age together.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 36
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

my two credit card would be 1 years anniver this october and the recent one is 3 months old...i have student load in 2008 and never late on anything ever since....do have 2 charge off $0 balance and 1 collection from charge off with $1400 balance.......current score 664 in both trans and equifax ? what cards should i go for guys ?

Message 4 of 36
firesoul453
Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

my two credit card would be 1 years anniver this october and the recent one is 3 months old...i have student load in 2008 and never late on anything ever since....do have 2 charge off $0 balance and 1 collection from charge off with $1400 balance.......current score 664 in both trans and equifax ? what cards should i go for guys ?

Whats your goal? I personaly go for the max cash back and got a discover card and a chase freedom (rotating cateogires of %5 cash back), and use my cap1 with unlimted 1.25% cash back.

Don't nessarliy go for the best cards (your ultimate goal) but get somethign better.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 5 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'd give Discover a try, your scores are borderline for them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 36
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

i probably get hit with around 1000 limit right ? my three credit card is 500 400 and 400

Message 7 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

i probably get hit with around 1000 limit right ? my three credit card is 500 400 and 400

Possibly. They might even do $500. (hopefully not) Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 36
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

if that the case....then forget it lol......i need some high credit to start with and stuff ? what do you guys think ? i dont need low limit credit in my pocket......telling you im gettting tired of it...and its my goal ;-)

Message 9 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

if that the case....then forget it lol......i need some high credit to start with and stuff ? what do you guys think ? i dont need low limit credit in my pocket......telling you im gettting tired of it...and its my goal ;-)

I would give it 6 months, get your score up a little more and you should get a nice CL from them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.