cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card at a credit union for military veteran? Help me find one?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card at a credit union for military veteran? Help me find one?

@Anonymous wrote:
I can tell you they pulled my Experian for the Visa Platinum I just received from them at the bank here in Vilseck Germany. I didn't try to use the same pull for other products, but I can tell you that I got a $7500 limit which is what I asked for and the card can increase up to $30,000! It's their best card. They pulled Experian for my truck loan two years ago too if this helps.

If im looking at your EX score in your siggy right it's 657, was your EX the same when you were granted the $7500 CL?

Message 51 of 54
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

I have a checking, savings and a Visa Platinum card with the Service Credit Union and I'm happy. When I applied for the Visa card I was giving a $3000 CL. After six months I requested a CLI. They did a hard pull on EX and gave me a CLI of $10K so my CL is now $13K. I use the card seldom, but the main reason why I opened an account with them was to be able to pay my German bills and get an auto loan, which I did with a very low interest rate.

Bottom line is that SCU CCs are good but if you want a CLI they will do a hard pull plus, at least for service members, you will need to present prove of income.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 52 of 54
dalebb
Valued Contributor

my dd214 burned in a house fire and just dont want the hassle of getting a replacement

@RyVision wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

I checked with nfcu and I'm retired navy, couldn't  get in, that's why I went to penfed

My father was retired AF (fully commissioned officer WWII).  He passed away 5 years ago. Mom and I both applied at NFCU and were both told we were accepted under his sponsorship for individual accounts. She still gets part of his pension from DFAS (considered active due to that).  Can't explain that one (the considered same as active duty), she wouldn't know how to fly a thing LOL  Smiley Very Happy

If you're fully retired, I can't see why you wouldn't be accepted (even if you just have immediate family that's active or reached full retirement you can get in).

Message 53 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dalebb wrote:

my dd214 burned in a house fire and just dont want the hassle of getting a replacement

I can understand that, but you might want to reconsider. Don't you need it if you decide to apply for veteran's benefits? (healthcare through the VA for one)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.