cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card being canceled...trying to fix myself.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card being canceled...trying to fix myself.

hi there. i just recieved a notice that my credit card is being cancelled due to my revolving credit and credit score... i have 2 cards...the one being cancelled is not payed off and the other one i am working on. what i am asking is how badly will it look on my report that it is being closed on with a balance...i have been making payents and all.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card being canceled...trying to fix myself.

@Anonymous wrote:

hi there. i just recieved a notice that my credit card is being cancelled due to my revolving credit and credit score... i have 2 cards...the one being cancelled is not payed off and the other one i am working on. what i am asking is how badly will it look on my report that it is being closed on with a balance...i have been making payents and all.

What  CCC closed your account and what changed in your credit profile that they would want to close it?

Message 2 of 5
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

We will need more information in order to give you advices. Can you elaborate?

Message 3 of 5
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Need more info but what will probably happen is the card closed reporting a balance will cause  your utilization to spike and likely a bit of a score drop. 

-J

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you not been making payments on the card being closed?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.