cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card benefits

tag
TJDgator

Credit card benefits

Has anyone on here used any of the card member benefits such as: Purchase Protection, Price Protection, extended warranty, or collision damage waiver? Were you denied or approved for your claim and tell me about the claims experience. Can you please specify the company as well? I am about to file a claim with Chase and was just curious as to what others have gone through as well.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit card benefits

Yes I used the price protection thingy once when I bought a chair from Ikea. Ikea thought they were slick, they advertised one price online and another price in-store for the same chair. I tried to talk to an associate to see if they would honor their online price and they said they couldn't. So I called Chase (I have a Freedom card) sent them the information and mailed them back the receipt and got the difference. 

Easy and straight forward process.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 2 of 4
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

I had done a return protection with Amex was easy
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 4
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Collision damage waiver with AMEX. Hit object in road on highway and cracked area below bumper on a rental car. Easy peasy one phone call when I got home, no issues at rental car return. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.