Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card charge off

I paid off my credit card but it just says charge-off. I thought it was supposed to say paid in full,charge-off on my credit report. Is this an error i can dispute? It shows that there is a zero balance but is just says charge-off not paid in full.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit card charge off

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid off my credit card but it just says charge-off. I thought it was supposed to say paid in full,charge-off on my credit report. Is this an error i can dispute? It shows that there is a zero balance but is just says charge-off not paid in full.

To remove a charge-off, you should contact the original creditor to start negotiating removal of the charge-off. You want to convince the creditor to remove the charge-off from your credit report because you have already paid in full.

Even if paid in full it will show on your credit report for 7 years. I would send a letter to them and hopefully they can remove it from your credit report all together.

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes, Dispute as Paid in Full

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to dispute this because it makes your score go down
Message 4 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Did you pay the credit card company or did you pay the collection agency? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid the collection company.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid the collection company.

Did you receive a payoff letter from the collector?   Is the collector reporting it as paid on the collection that is on your 3 reports?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.