Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charges

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Credit card charges

I'm an AU on my mum account and if the balance was to go up to 5 or 8k would that have any impact on my credit score? It does report on my credit file. The CC has a high limit. I was told yes it will and I was also told no, the bank said no because it is an AU.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit card charges

@corymcd88 wrote:

I'm an AU on my mum account and if the balance was to go up to 5 or 8k would that have any impact on my credit score? It does report on my credit file. The CC has a high limit. I was told yes it will and I was also told no, the bank said no because it is an AU.

Yes, the utilization for this card will be factored in by FICO calculations ~ and for any accounts on your credit reports.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@corymcd88 wrote:

To those that included AUs in scoring (a lot dont) it will make a difference. Now if its 8K out of 50K I would not worry about it too much.

Message 3 of 4
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

To those that included AUs in scoring (a lot dont) it will make a difference. Now if its 8K out of 50K I would not worry about it too much.

I have a 6k left on my car loan, the CC has a 30k limit. I just don't want to have issure with any on my CC a balance increase. I know AMEX is sometimes funny that way.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.