Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card concierge for restaurant reservations

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: Credit card concierge for restaurant reservations

@Skye12329 wrote:
I'm curious to know what the concierge says to the restaurant when they are booked. Maybe they threaten the restaurant? Like give this person a reservation or we will raise our card swipe fees. But seriously what do they say.

They introduce themselves and they ask the same question we would, "Do you have anything available on this date?" If they don't cooperate, the restaurant gets shut down for the rest of the night by the concierge team. That's about it, nothing too drastic.

Message 21 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

What I don't get is theres nothing available how can the conceirge make something become available?
Message 22 of 28
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Likely that the restaurant has some available for VIP guests etc. When concierge calls if they have everything covered they may give consideration. Not sure what kickbacks the establishment gets but it did work for me.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 23 of 28
red259
Super Contributor

@TheGardner wrote:
Likely that the restaurant has some available for VIP guests etc. When concierge calls if they have everything covered they may give consideration. Not sure what kickbacks the establishment gets but it did work for me.

Not sure they get kickbacks per se, but I would think restaurants may want to keep large concierge services happy (if they have a spare table), because sometimes people will call a concierge service for a restaurant recommendation when they travel. If someone calls up and says I want a seafood restaurant in this neighborhood do you have any recommendations (and there are like five different restaurants in that area for seafood) the difference between who gets recommended is the restaurant who has worked to accommodate the concierge before according to their computer system. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious since I have a couple of Visa Signatures with concierge service.......what all services do they provide other than trying to get a reservation time at a restaurant on Valentine's Day? Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 28
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious since I have a couple of Visa Signatures with concierge service.......what all services do they provide other than trying to get a reservation time at a restaurant on Valentine's Day? Smiley Tongue

Complimentary personal assistance anytime, anywhere—from restaurant reservations to planning a trip, your 24/7 concierge can help.

The Visa Signature Concierge Service is a service that provides Visa Signature cardholders with personalized information and referrals on a wide range of topics related to travel, dining, and entertainment. The Visa Signature Concierge Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The Visa Signature Concierge Service fulfills the following types of requests:

• Travel Coordination - Domestic and International planning for air travel, lodging, recreation, and ground transportation, including reservations and arrangements
  • Dining, Entertainment & Recreation - Such as sports and performance event tickets, dining reservations
  • Personal Services - Such as gift ideas and flower delivery
  • And More
;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 26 of 28
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Horrible road side assistance.. Supposed to be discounted towing, I was stuck waiting for 14 hrs for a wrecker using visa sig.. By time I realized it was a lost cause I couldn't find any other wrecker service to come, it was too late at night by then. I kept getting told will be 30 min or almost there for 2.5 hrs before I gave up and it was too late.

That is my only experience with visa signature..

WEMC has been great though.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
What I don't get is theres nothing available how can the conceirge make something become available?

Sniper kitties, of course!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.